Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  35

Thread: 2022 Ford Mustang to lose some hp.

2022 Ford Mustang to lose some hp.

10 HP big deal, I’m sure once the owner has the car, they can easily remove the emissions restrictions to gain it all back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Still irks me
    Latest year- and instead of increase you go backwards
    Pricing decrease too?

Hey Laurence did your 22’ model decrease in hp?
    According to article neither did GM

Maybe time for

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cara...ch-e-gt-drive/

Gt performance edition
    480 hp ……..634 tq.
    634 tq
    634 tq
    634 tq

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

When picking up a 2022 GT, first stop would be to install a resonator delete (reduced weight and slight power increase), 2nd stop less restrictive filter, and then a tune…problem solved as it will pick up anything that was lost and more.

If the car wasn’t ordered with active exhaust then it will likely get a cat back anyway so again it will pick up more gains especially when paired with long tube headers.

Power drop reminds me of what Ford did to the 1993 5.0. They dropped ratings from 225hp to 205hp without any significant changes to the motor (other than moving away from a forged rotating assembly).

They likely did it back then to make it seem like the 94 GT was a power bump when it debuted with 215hp…well coincidentally an all new Mustang is slated for 2023 so perhaps they are playing the numbers game again to set a better stage for the new s650 platform that will soon be released…
    FABMAN

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    When picking up a 2022 GT, first stop would be to install a resonator delete (reduced weight and slight power increase), 2nd stop less restrictive filter, and then a tune…problem solved as it will pick up anything that was lost and more.

If the car wasn’t ordered with active exhaust then it will likely get a cat back anyway so again it will pick up more gains especially when paired with long tube headers.

Power drop reminds me of what Ford did to the 1993 5.0. They dropped ratings from 225hp to 205hp without any significant changes to the motor (other than moving away from a forged rotating assembly).

They likely did it back then to make it seem like the 94 GT was a power bump when it debuted with 215hp…well coincidentally an all new Mustang is slated for 2023 so perhaps they are playing the numbers game again to set a better stage for the new s650 platform that will soon be released…
    So I have to spend more money to get what I should’ve had like the 2021? and pick up a few ponies?
    (So 2021 owners most likely did the same thing as u mentioned, so I’ll still be 10 hp under? See what I’m saying )

So…

Just teasing u Fab
    I know u love that coyote

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    So I have to spend more money to get what I should’ve had like the 2021? and pick up a few ponies?
    (So 2021 owners most likely did the same thing as u mentioned, so I’ll still be 10 hp under? See what I’m saying )

So…

Just teasing u Fab
    I know u love that coyote

What I am saying is that I actually think there is no change other than the “official” numbers being released by Ford. I think they may be sandbagging a bit to make them look like heros when they release the next gen and it will have something like 15hp more than the outgoing 2022 model…basically I think it’s just marketing bs.
    FABMAN

It irks me as well Ron. The way gas prices are I feel the need to buy an EV sooner than later. Prices are insane now.

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post

Still irks me
    Latest year- and instead of increase you go backwards
    Pricing decrease too?

Hey Laurence did your 22’ model decrease in hp?
    According to article neither did GM

Maybe time for

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cara...ch-e-gt-drive/

Gt performance edition
    480 hp ……..634 tq.
    634 tq
    634 tq
    634 tq

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    It irks me as well Ron. The way gas prices are I feel the need to buy an EV sooner than later. Prices are insane now.
    Don’t fall into that trap. That is exactly what governments and manufacturers are trying to do. EVs just don’t make financial (or environmental) sense at this time.
    FABMAN

^ They certainly do not.