Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  81
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toronto's Speed Cameras Will Be Popping Up In 50 New Spots Next Month & Here's Where

Toronto's Speed Cameras Will Be Popping Up In 50 New Spots Next Month & Here's Where

https://www.narcity.com/toronto/toro...h--heres-where

Schedule B
    Highway Traffic Act
    Speeding Kilometres Set Fine
    a) 1-19 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $2.50 per kilometre
    b) 20-29 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $3.75 per kilometre
    c) 30-49 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $6.00 per kilometre
    d) 50 kilometres per hour or more over the maximum speed limit No out of court settlement

Schedule D
    Highway Traffic Act
    Speeding – Community Safety Zone Kilometres Set Fine
    a) 1-19 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $5.00 per kilometre
    b) 20-29 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $7.50 per kilometre
    c) 30-49 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $12.00 per kilometre
    d) 50 kilometres per hour or more over the maximum speed limit No out of court settlement

Schedule E
    Highway Traffic Act
    Speeding – Construction Zone Kilometres Set Fine
    a) 1-19 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $2.50 per kilometre
    b) 20-29 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $3.75 per kilometre
    c) 30-49 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $6.00 per kilometre

Schedule F
    Highway Traffic Act
    Speeding – Construction Zone Worker Present Kilometres Set Fine
    a) 1-19 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $5.00 per kilometre
    b) 20-29 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $7.50 per kilometre
    c) 30-49 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $12.00 per kilometre

Simply just another form of tax...

Govt has long since become a self serving entity.

Quote Originally Posted by bbriann View Post
    Simply just another form of tax...
    1000% it is. Having said that, I just don’t understand how anyone gets caught by one. Here in Durham they post a sign that tells you there’s a speed camera in the area. Slow down for 5 seconds until you pass it and you’re home free.

Repeat offender numbers in GTA is staggering.
    On one hand, totally pisses me off camera's are out there but on other hand if the numbers are correct (speed / number of speeders) it's crystal clear something needed to be done. What I have the largest issue with, the chicken shiat speed traps down hill and or in areas where somewhat over makes zero difference in the world.

I agree ZR. Out this way they only use them in school zones and community safety zones where there’s no need to be going way over the limit. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m always driving over the limit and have had my share of tickets. No ones fault but the person driving over the limit.

I got a ticket in the mail last week (well actually my employer did as I have a company car) for doing 47 in a 30.
    I didn’t even know there were 30 zones

Getting a camera ticket is like one time my employer asking for a doctor's note for phoning in sick 3 months after calling in sick for a week.....I could not even remember the illness....I said I will leave work and go to emergency department and ask for a note...they said not to bother....getting a ticket way after.fact fixes nothing, strictly cash grab.

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    On one hand, totally pisses me off camera's are out there but on other hand if the numbers are correct (speed / number of speeders) it's crystal clear something needed to be done. What I have the largest issue with, the chicken shiat speed traps down hill and or in areas where somewhat over makes zero difference in the world.
    But how many of those are for 1 kilometre over the limit?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Agreed - I don't have an issue with the cameras outside a school (like in King City) but the "fishing hole" speed traps at the bottom of hills, etc are pure lazy tax grabs.

That said, every time I drive through King City I slow down to speed limit since it's well marked about the camera and always get cars driving past me at 10+ over the limit which is outside a school. They just put a speed camera close to Fast Ed's home so I'm sure they'll catch a lot of speeders there because it was a popular spot for OPP to pick up speeders (40 zone)....hopefully not Fast Ed though.