Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  81
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toronto's Speed Cameras Will Be Popping Up In 50 New Spots Next Month & Here's Where

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I got a ticket in the mail last week (well actually my employer did as I have a company car) for doing 47 in a 30.
    I didn’t even know there were 30 zones
    Not sure where the ticket was issued but I think City of Toronto lowered a lot of local limits from 40 to 30 over the past couple years (from the ones I've driven it seems to be tight residential streets where street permit parking on both sides is a big thing since many homes don't have driveways and I guess kids run out between cars?)....not sure if other municipalities did it also.

Yes, was in the city of Toronto. I rarely go into the city, but picked up a customer from his house (as he is working from home these days) and took him out for lunch.

Bulk of the streets around me have been 50k for the last yr or so, lots of camera's.

Here in Alberta, they actually have cops in either F150's or Explorers set up in school or construction zones (as well on the highways) with photo radar. It's 30 kph in schools zones. We have a school just up the street from us and have seen them setup there. Stop lights with both speed and stop light running are common here. They do have signs to warn you prior to the intersections where they are setup.....so as long as you're paying attention, you should have fair warning.

Speed cameras business must be good money if the cops in Calgary drive F150's and Explorer's now.
    Years ago 6 ~8 yrs now, the little black Ford Escape SUV parked on the side of the highway in construction zones was a sign to "slow down".
    While visiting, used my son's car to get around, son too busy so I wasn't told about speed cameras.
    After coming home to London, I got a call about a month later "Dad I got all these speeding tickets" in the mail today.
    Ha Ha. Your turn son to pay now.

^^^^PRICELESS^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    They do have signs to warn you prior to the intersections where they are setup.....so as long as you're paying attention, you should have fair warning.
    In addition to those signs, these signs VVV are everywhere!
    -Don____________

Absolutely nothing to do with safety and everything to do with forced taxation of city residents.
    There are no children in school zones at 10pm, cars are 1000000x safer for the people/cars you hit and for the driver/passenger than they were 10years ago.
    I hope more of these cameras get their lenses spray painted, huge cash grab for these bums at city hall.

What every major intersection does need is red light cameras. Especially in Brampton and Mississauga.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Absolutely nothing to do with safety and everything to do with forced taxation of city residents.
    There are no children in school zones at 10pm, cars are 1000000x safer for the people/cars you hit and for the driver/passenger than they were 10years ago.
    I hope more of these cameras get their lenses spray painted, huge cash grab for these bums at city hall.

What every major intersection does need is red light cameras. Especially in Brampton and Mississauga.
    I agree with it has nothing to do with safety and it’s just for the cities to pad their bottom line. I just don’t understand everyone’s anger though. We all know the speed limits and we’re well aware of what happens if we get caught speeding. Literally no one’s fault but our own if we’re caught, whether it’s by a camera or an officer.