Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  51

Thread: test drive

test drive

when the Truck was in for service last i was talking to my ford guy. still using the Mini for a service "truck" its doing the job but a little on the small side, just cant beet the fuel savings.
    i inquired if he had word on expansion in the electric line for a small SUV or if the mach E was gonna be available in a base platform. honestly give me extended range, AWD and cruse control dont car about anything else. answer was not anytime soon.

he called how ever on the weekend and said they acquired a lightly used Mach E and would i like to drive it for a couple days. Not gonna say no to that.

IMG_5610.jpg

First and for most. its not a mustang. and ford was stupid calling it a mustang.

first impressions. personally I like the style its sporty and looks just different enough that it doesn't blend in with ever other suv on the road. just driving around for work and turned lots of heads.

drives really nice, more car than suv. does not feel as heavy as it is. but have not gotten near any curvy roads. fast as hell in a straight line but dosnt feel fast. In the BMW with the noise and shifts it feels like a bat out of hell this thing just pushes you back in the seat and then your speeding. Cruse set to 100 feels like your doing like 70.

interior is nicely appointed and I like the styling but biggest complaint is its not the interior of a $70k car,

will I buy one? probably not.

cost is just too out to lunch IMO. wipes out any gas savings i would see. if there was a base model that didn't have all the bells and whistles and came in between 40 and 50 K then i would in a heart beat.

They should have called it Ford Pinto and advertised that it has no gas tank so it won’t explode when it gets rear ended.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

How epic is that pic?!?
    A giant garage/shop being constructed in the background, a fire engine, and an electric “Mustang”
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    How epic is that pic?!?
    A giant garage/shop being constructed in the background, a fire engine, and an electric “Mustang”
    The secret is do everything on impulse and an easy going wife.

My wife flat out gave up a really long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    My wife flat out gave up a really long time ago.
    My wife once said "you're going to do what you want, I can't stop you". She also knows that I'm cheap so probably won't follow through on anything interesting I think of buying.

Although end of riding season means cheap motorcycle deals and I'm getting tempted again.

Watching prices on Busa's fall hard all season, bet it's due to all but impossible to insure, even for an old fart like me. Ltd edition in either pearl white or gold is calling my name.

Do it!

Only quote I got back was north of 7k for liability only, not a single other co would consider insuring it / black listed.
    Been lic'd for a bike 45+ yrs.

I see a few out and about, so either they have insurance or they figure they can outrun anything. I have no interest in a litre+ sport bike, I assume they are all rob a bank to pay insurance level.

One of my friends has a CB500. Considering one if I see a deal, it's easy to ride and comfortable.