Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  20

Thread: Corrosion Free Spray

Corrosion Free Spray

I could only find a brief mention of this on the forum so I thought I'd post my experience with this rust proofing product. Corrosion Free was recommended to me by an auto restorer who disliked the many waxy and gooey undercoatings available. He retired last year but he sprayed Corrosion Free on all the custom vehicles he restored and on the vehicles of friends and family. I had been getting my vehicles sprayed with a clear oil for years. That guy retired too but he also said I should try Corrosion Free. A few years ago I purchased a 2014 Mustang convertible from a woman in Guelph. It had not been winter driven and was pristine. Although I do not drive my Mustangs in the winter I still wanted to protect the undercarridge. After washing the undercarridge and letting it dry for a week I put the 2014 on a lift and sprayed every area I could get at. When I sold it a few weeks ago we looked at the undercarridge and it still looked pristine and the oil was still in all the crevices and frame areas. I was really impressed. The dealer where I bought my new 2024 GT a few weeks ago allowed me 40 minutes on a lift in his detailing shop to do the same. I used about ten cans and soaked every corner, frame member and metal body work I could get at, including trunk and hood. I may touch-up the pinch weld areas from time to time but IMO this clear (non-waxy/gooey) oil spray will really protect my new 2024 GT. On past vehicles I have used a number of "name brand" applications. I found them often worse than nothing. I really like the Corrosion Free.

Great info.
    I also like Corrosion Free, took trying three different shops before landing at one that actually applies it properly / fully. Only thing I'm a lil ticket at, was suppose to not be oil based and harmless to door rubbers but after applying to my Ram over the last few years it's starting to swell the rubbers. As for protecting the truck itself, off the charts job.

@ZR.....very good info re door rubbers etc. I had also read that it did not harm them but kept it off everywhere I could. Glad I did. I heard some Canadian Tire stores have arranged to apply the product. As you probably know, it is a Canadian product and they shipped it to me fast and well packaged. Appreciate your head's-up on keeping it off the rubber/seal areas, I'll be extra carefull about that in the future!

One thing I should add, it took years for it to start to attack the rubbers vs Krown or Rust Check that swells within a couple or so years.
    As for it's rust protection, my '16 Ram is spotless underneath.
    Places to have it applied, two of their most highly rated shops actually did the worst job. At a glance looked fine but once up on the hoist clear to see anywhere that really mattered was dry as a popcorn fart. Another member here directed me to a small shop in Oshawa that have been doing it properly.

I have my Corrosion Free done by Mister Detailer in Burlington.
    Nothing like having a professional detailer apply it to your car.
    Meticulously applied everywhere. He did the ceramic coating on my Explorer as well.
    Can't say enough about the quality or work and the product.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

I am wondering if this Corrosion Free in a spray can could be used as a fast acting penetrant on rusty nuts and bolts found on cars.
    My supplies of Krown Penetrant and BP Baster are starting to run low, so I was wondering if it would be a good substitute?
    Anyone use it or what other product do you use?
    DISCLAIMER - This stuff would not be used on any Ford Products, since they don't rust.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by redo75 View Post
    I am wondering if this Corrosion Free in a spray can could be used as a fast acting penetrant on rusty nuts and bolts found on cars.
    My supplies of Krown Penetrant and BP Baster are starting to run low, so I was wondering if it would be a good substitute?
    Anyone use it or what other product do you use?
    DISCLAIMER - This stuff would not be used on any Ford Products, since they don't rust.
    Thanks.
    I've had good luck with WD40 Rust Release.
    It's capable of creeping upwards.