Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T5 input shimming Q

thanks, learned something new today. It's probably obvious but I had not ever even looked at the icon bar for link, insert image, insert video prior to just now.

New clutch fork for a V8 Fox can still be bought from Ford. E6ZZ-7515-A, MSRP is about $41.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

I am not sure what the question is now, but "BadShoeProductions.com" had a video floating around "How To Rebuild the Tremec T5 Transmission" by a Ford Tech. Does a full rebuilt and assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by redo75 View Post
    I am not sure what the question is now, but "BadShoeProductions.com" had a video floating around "How To Rebuild the Tremec T5 Transmission" by a Ford Tech. Does a full rebuilt and assembly.
    I just went for a look, it's a paid video. No hate but with all the free content, including the guy I posted, I doubt they're moving many videos regardless of how good they are.

Well, sorry I must be one of the few that moved his videos.
    Found he was a Ford Senior Master Technician with over 40 years experience was more than worth it to me.
    Showed how to take it apart properly and included the few T5 tricks for proper assembly that shows 40 years of doing it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by redo75 View Post
    Well, sorry I must be one of the few that moved his videos.
    Found he was a Ford Senior Master Technician with over 40 years experience was more than worth it to me.
    Showed how to take it apart properly and included the few T5 tricks for proper assembly that shows 40 years of doing it right the first time.
    I have no doubt it's a top quality video

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    New clutch fork for a V8 Fox can still be bought from Ford. E6ZZ-7515-A, MSRP is about $41.

cheers
    Ed
    New one will arrive at my local dealer tomorrow, $44. RockAuto had them listed for 20ish but I'll go with the Ford part.

Thanks for the part# Ed

I've never set up an adjustable pivot ball. I have two longer 16912's for T56 so I'm just going to cut one shorter for the T5.

From what I've seen the tranny has to come out to adjust. If this is the case I can see a minimum of 3 in-outs. Not a big deal but I'm also dropping and pulling the motor so I'm thinking about setting the pivot ball up with motor and tranny out and on the stand/bench.

Any experienced hands want to weigh in on this.

I've got to go find the flywheel and clutch so it's back to treasure hunting.