Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  846
Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine VS immunization Covid related

Vaccine VS immunization Covid related

Quote "At the risk of completely derailing this thread…. Care to explain the difference between a “vaccine” and an “immunization”?"

so as to not derail other threads.

above is a fair but in todays world a difficult question.

direct from a family member who is a dr. in layman's terms.

Vaccines and Immunizations are very similar and often confused because its similar methods to create a similar result.

with a Vaccine we give the person low dose of the virus to teach the body's immune system. this method has changed and been perfected over the years but the idea is to have the body's immune response catch and kill the virus and prevent the host from catching the virus (getting sick) this works for things like polio and mumps because these viruses are slow to change and evolve, so once your body know what it is, it will kill it quickly. you only catch chicken pox once because once your body knows what its fighting its game over for the virus.

some viruses like the common cold, influenza and covid. are always rapidly changing. constantly learning and adapting. spreading into multiple strains. regular vaccinations don't work because the virus changes and the body no longer recognizes the threat. immunizations teach the body certain tags. specific points in a virus strain that are least likely to change. (the T and R cells people talk about) this gives the body an edge but only in helping to fight the virus, people will still usualy catch the virus but will be less sick. influenza becomes the sniffles instead of fevers, ect.
    immunizations always have to be adapted as the virus they are targeting changes. and always requires boosters, this is why they recommend the flu shot every year.

the flu shot is called a shot because its an immunization. not a vaccine. the flu shot is different every year. scientists look to data early in the flu season and basically make a guess as to which strain or strains is likely to be most prevalent and then they make an immunization to best fight it. most people don't realize that SARS is now part of the regular flu season rotation.

why is this difference important in relation to Covid? because they lied. or at least mislead people weather intentionally or not. but now they are leaning into the lie instead of admitting it.
    they said covid was not the flu. while technically a true statement. they also said that if we all get the vaccine we could eliminate the virus like we have polio. the reality is Covid is more like the flu than it is polio. we will never eliminate the flu (at least not with current methods and tech) and will will just the same never eliminate covid.

instead of telling people that we could be immunized and it will weaken the virus. they claimed vaccine. made people think that a shot in the arm and all would be normal. and then they turned people against each other. they removed the voice of drs and experts who were calling out the difference and telling people this wasn't going to end with a single shot in the arm.

the reality is you will get covid. probably many times in your life. if you get the shot every year it will be mild cases. if you don't it may kill you. time to get back to normal.

Immunization: The Basics

Definition of Terms
    Immunity: Protection from an infectious disease. If you are immune to a disease, you can be exposed to it without becoming infected.

Vaccine: A preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but some can be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

Vaccination: The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce protection from a specific disease.

Immunization: A process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination. This term is often used interchangeably with vaccination or inoculation.
    https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm

I’m not sure what distinction you are trying to draw, but it seems like you are twisting the definitions of a vaccine and immunization. A vaccine is administered to provide immunization.
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    Whatever they call it - the virus sucks. Another family decimated - my wife got the call tonight that their childhood family neighbours/friends got it - looks like they didn't get the vaccine or "shot" or whatever you call it, and it went through the family....grandfather dead, the son (went to school with my wife and her siblings) died today at mid-50's after being on ventilator for past 2 weeks, and his daughter-in-law gave birth to a 2lb preemie newborn with all kinds of issues and maybe won't survive, and she's (mother) not out of the woods yet either as she's in ICU also with complications.

I hope they throw the book at anyone who fakes the certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Quote "At the risk of completely derailing this thread…. Care to explain the difference between a “vaccine” and an “immunization”?"

so as to not derail other threads.

above is a fair but in todays world a difficult question.

direct from a family member who is a dr. in layman's terms.

Vaccines and Immunizations are very similar and often confused because its similar methods to create a similar result.

with a Vaccine we give the person low dose of the virus to teach the body's immune system. this method has changed and been perfected over the years but the idea is to have the body's immune response catch and kill the virus and prevent the host from catching the virus (getting sick) this works for things like polio and mumps because these viruses are slow to change and evolve, so once your body know what it is, it will kill it quickly. you only catch chicken pox once because once your body knows what its fighting its game over for the virus.

some viruses like the common cold, influenza and covid. are always rapidly changing. constantly learning and adapting. spreading into multiple strains. regular vaccinations don't work because the virus changes and the body no longer recognizes the threat. immunizations teach the body certain tags. specific points in a virus strain that are least likely to change. (the T and R cells people talk about) this gives the body an edge but only in helping to fight the virus, people will still usualy catch the virus but will be less sick. influenza becomes the sniffles instead of fevers, ect.
    immunizations always have to be adapted as the virus they are targeting changes. and always requires boosters, this is why they recommend the flu shot every year.

the flu shot is called a shot because its an immunization. not a vaccine. the flu shot is different every year. scientists look to data early in the flu season and basically make a guess as to which strain or strains is likely to be most prevalent and then they make an immunization to best fight it. most people don't realize that SARS is now part of the regular flu season rotation.

why is this difference important in relation to Covid? because they lied. or at least mislead people weather intentionally or not. but now they are leaning into the lie instead of admitting it.
    they said covid was not the flu. while technically a true statement. they also said that if we all get the vaccine we could eliminate the virus like we have polio. the reality is Covid is more like the flu than it is polio. we will never eliminate the flu (at least not with current methods and tech) and will will just the same never eliminate covid.

instead of telling people that we could be immunized and it will weaken the virus. they claimed vaccine. made people think that a shot in the arm and all would be normal. and then they turned people against each other. they removed the voice of drs and experts who were calling out the difference and telling people this wasn't going to end with a single shot in the arm.

the reality is you will get covid. probably many times in your life. if you get the shot every year it will be mild cases. if you don't it may kill you. time to get back to normal.
    Just want to say, I love all the information shared. But they’re will never be a normal anymore. To much lying and misleading. The Jab should be treated like the flu shot. Take it or don’t, that should always be the individuals choice. This here is something else. I pray nothing for the best for everyone here, be safe guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Word choice affects perception. Vaccine, immunization, or drug? All three could apply, perception varies.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm

I’m not sure what distinction you are trying to draw, but it seems like you are twisting the definitions of a vaccine and immunization. A vaccine is administered to provide immunization.
    terminology is the issue. as well as what they led people to expect.

5 years ago this would not be a issue and every one would have agreed on the differences and expected outcomes of a vaccine and an immunization. for a disease like the Flu.

if they are one and the same why have we not eradicated Influenza like we have polio?

With the level of misinformation combined with flat out lies we are bombarded with daily since the beginning of Covid, I don't think anyone has a true grasp of what is or is not factual. Does make a person wonder when front line health workers are walking away from jobs vs take the jab.
    One thing we do know for sure, if you believe your better off without, little by little your becoming a second class citizen in spite of no law saying you must vax.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    terminology is the issue. as well as what they led people to expect.

5 years ago this would not be a issue and every one would have agreed on the differences and expected outcomes of a vaccine and an immunization. for a disease like the Flu.

if they are one and the same why have we not eradicated Influenza like we have polio?
    google search term; does polio live in animals

result:

Hundreds of diseases can be transmitted between insects, animals and humans. One of the things that makes polio eradicable is the fact that humans are the only reservoir. No poliovirus has been found to exist and spread among animals despite repeated attempts to document this.

google search term; does flu live in animals

Result; Yes. Flu is a respiratory illness in various animals. Influenza viruses affect several different animals, such as; horses, cats, dogs, birds, swine, and people. It is contagious and spreads rapidly among susceptible animals.

google search term; does coronavirus live in animals

Result: The risk of animals spreading SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, to people is low. · The virus can spread from people to animals during close contact.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    google search term; does polio live in animals

result:

Hundreds of diseases can be transmitted between insects, animals and humans. One of the things that makes polio eradicable is the fact that humans are the only reservoir. No poliovirus has been found to exist and spread among animals despite repeated attempts to document this.

google search term; does flu live in animals

Result; Yes. Flu is a respiratory illness in various animals. Influenza viruses affect several different animals, such as; horses, cats, dogs, birds, swine, and people. It is contagious and spreads rapidly among susceptible animals.

google search term; does coronavirus live in animals

Result: The risk of animals spreading SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, to people is low. · The virus can spread from people to animals during close contact.
    According to the CBC news site I seen, the deer population has covid. Now I’m no expert but I don’t know anyone who hangs out with deer to transfer the virus over. It’s just another means for control.

Pfizer said it was 95% affective. Affective at what ? I have no clue. But that was the claim. Now we are seeing the amount of people infected between non-vaccinated and vaccinating are about 50/50. So the claim that it’s 95% affective pertains to what exactly ? Oh yes keeping you out of the hospital. But the amount of people I know who have went to the hospital because of the jab is crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    According to the CBC news site I seen, the deer population has covid.
    is it limited to deer?