Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  58
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow Blower Recommendations

Traded my 8/24 Craftsman 20yrs ago for a Toro single stage and never looked back. Even use it on my two tiered deck....

Pulled the trigger on a single stage Honda.

I have been using an Ariens compact 20” snow blower for the last 12+ years. Excellent little unit, strong little light machine that easily handles my 20x40 driveway. Even has electric start but I have never had to use it as it has always fired up first pull.

Only maintenance is an oil change every 3rd season, seafoam and ultra 94 every spring and fall. Clean the plug once per year and lube up the auger assembly at the end of the winter season.

She runs like a champ and is only 20” wide so it lives in the garage all year long.
    FABMAN

Not a tough test with only 4” of the white stuff but I’m pleased with the Honda 720 single stage so far.

That Honda engine is the smoothest running small engine I’ve used. Good power too

Hard to go wrong with a Honda or Toro.
    FABMAN

I have a Remington from Lowe’s. Been going fine for the last few years. Uses 5w30 oil which is also the same oil my dad’s Nissan Rogue uses so I always have oil on hand. Also has an electric starter so I don’t have to pull the cord all the time. Best thing about this snowblower, it was free, because my wife bought it for me for Christmas years ago.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

With good maint, amazing how many years you can get out of a quality blower. My Ariens is in the 30yr old range, runs like a rock star. Key to keeping these lil engines happy n healthy, you simply can not change the oil enough oh and give it a good shot of SeaFoam before summer storage.

I’ve started using synthetic fuel in my 2 stroke engines. It’s good for 5 years. Not cheap but I use so little and easy starts are nice. I have a jug for the new blower that I may use toward the end of the season so it’ll be the fuel in the tank during storage. And of course, a splash of Seafoam.

^ Nice.

This am, first start of the season, third pull n purring like a kitten. Ok so 2/3 worn out muffler sounds more like a bark but you get the idea.