Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  23

Thread: My Insurance Paid Me lol

Lightbulb My Insurance Paid Me lol

I have been with Economical Mutual Insurance Company since spring 2014 for my car and home insurance. A few years ago they send me a letter stating something about taking the company public and as a policy holder I would become a "Shareholder". I really did not understand it and kind of ignored it. Received a few more letters over time about what the process was and such. So a couple of weeks ago I received another letter and just assumed it was another update. So I finally looked at it on Christmas day just as I was about to leave to visit my sister and family for dinner. Along with a letter there was a check in it for $1400+. I was like whaat! I did not trust it to be honest, as it seemed to good to be true.
    I went to the Economical website and it did have a link about this topic that made it look legit, but I was still unsure.

Today I did another search and came across this https://bc.ctvnews.ca/630-000-canadi...scam-1.5717597. I deposited the check using my banks app today. Not going to touch it for a bit, just in case lol

Merry Christmas to me, I suppose.
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

Club Supporter
    Yeah, you're good - this was coming for a while now (was in the news all year) and got listed on the TSX in 2021 recently so "members" (sort of like in a credit union) got paid out in the public listing for their "share".

I was with Economical and just received two cheques. One for auto and one for home. It is safe I think.

I believe it will be considered taxable income - just something to keep in mind.
    '15 Focus ST
    '18 Edge Sport

Its called mutualization both Manulife and Canada life did it many years back. Some people made 20 to 30 K on it and if they've kept the shares all these years it would be over 100K.
    '21 F150 Screw 4x4 FX4 3.5 Powerboost (Iconic Silver)
    '21 Explorer ST (Atlas Blue)
    '19 Mustang Bullitt (Dark Hyland Green) Vortech Supercharged
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0L (Race Red) 8.92 @ 154 mph

I am insured through them but under OTIP. Haven't received anything though...
    FABMAN