Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centerforce DYAD DS clutch...........

Centerforce DYAD DS clutch...........

Unlike most other twin disc clutches out there, Centerforce has released the DYAD DS series clutch which features a spring loaded hub. It's said to be dead nuts smooth, typical twin disc light pedal feel but none of the noises n downside of a solid hub. Is anyone running one or know someone that has?

Kind of want...
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

have but not installed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    have but not installed.
    What pushed you in that direction?
    Does quality look as high as pictures suggest?

My anticipated torque #'s will put me close to limit of single disk. Low rotational mass was another "rationalization" as I'm internally balanced, light weight internals, aluminum flywheel/driveshaft so I was staying on theme. I selected CenterForce after reading about noise form Mcleaod. I'll admit to dot doing a ton of research and succumbing to positive reviews to feed my "confirmation bias" on my choice.

A long way of saying I don't feel qualified to give informed feedback on which to choose.

I haven't looked at it for a while and will go crack the boxes for another visual.

There is a point where low rotational mass takes an appreciable chunk out of drive ability plus the RST has proven to always be smoother / less chatter on iron flywheels. Before install, we have every flywheel machined so it's not a matter of one mfg did a better job vs another. Crazy how far off most are out of the box, balance however has always been at least close. Ran an alum wheel in the Cobra (new OE Ford freshly machined), if I had to do it again would have gone iron and happily given up some of the extra zing alum provided.
    I'm one of the lucky ones with my 20 that has a sometimes noisey dual mass flywheel plus random excessive chatter / shudder from the clutch itself (done it since mile zero). Never once driven a car where the clutch can feel like it's on it's last leg one minute then almost smooth the next, Ford calls it normal. Same shiat the earlier V6 guys went through with these mickey mouse flywheels.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    …Ford calls it normal.
    Heard that one before.

-Don____________

Like rest of the mfgs, if 2/3 turn out fubar call it normal and it's a non issue.
    Best part was when service mgr suggested I learn how to drive a stick properly.

BURN

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Like rest of the mfgs, if 2/3 turn out fubar call it normal and it's a non issue.
    Should have asked the service manager to do a demonstration on how to drive a stick properly,lol.