Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  54
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P0172 code

Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    I think I read years ago on GTAMC where some guy said his buddy had something to do with refinery's and said Shell had the best refining process and therefore the best quality gasoline.
    Don't know if that's still true.
    I've heard similar stories from people who have worked at refineries - especially fuel delivered to independent stations - in my own experience: I use to own a sprinter 5cyl diesel - cheap fuel from Husky it ran like shit and it was almost an instant change - I found Sunoco had the best diesel but they where few and far between but a very noticeable difference on fuel mileage and operation - good diesel made a noticeable difference especially in the winter
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

it's been 1.5 weeks - I spoke to some locals and have also complained about their cars running poorly after filling at the Ultramar they actually posted this of FB - I'm not suggesting they have bad fuel at Ultramar could be additives required and mandated or possible water in fuel or maybe tank - I have had issues here before when the over night delivery put the wrong fuel in the ground tanks and I filled my car with diesel instead of supper... since I've cleared the code on my truck and used a tank and a half of 94 the truck is running great and the fuel mileage has been a touch better considering the cold temps - I'm not sure if I will go back to the regular, maybe in the summer - I will continue to monitor and if the problem persists I'm sure it will throw a code - but for know I write it off as bad fuel and avoid Ultramar - two bad experiences is enough - the code tripped had a long list of possibilities form exhaust issues to fuel in the oil and many things in between including several sensors none of which I would think present 2+ years in - for now I will think it's bad fuel - Pays to drive with the radio turned off
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works