Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  54

Thread: P0172 code

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don’t think Ford would go out of their way to tell you that you need a software update unless it was safety related.
    Generally, check engine light or drivability issues possibly have a service bulletin which Ford has found can sometimes be fixed by updating pcm software.
    Every computer controlled system on your car can be updated. Engine, trans, hvac, awd, the list goes on.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    I don’t think Ford would go out of their way to tell you that you need a software update unless it was safety related.
    Generally, check engine light or drivability issues possibly have a service bulletin which Ford has found can sometimes be fixed by updating pcm software.
    Every computer controlled system on your car can be updated. Engine, trans, hvac, awd, the list goes on.
    if the app is on the phone and the vehicle trips a code Ford will message the owner —but I would think updates should be automatic the same as a home computer since the manufactures are fighting to relabel the automobile as a computer...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works