Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  57
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote starter review............

Club Supporter
    That's new to be having those issues. No problem getting our car in to the dealer in Bolton but they're not the best in the customer service dept.

^^ I'm finding that at several Caddy dealerships, they wanna sell you new ones but can't be bothered with service, especially warranty !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CON VERT View Post
    ^^ I'm finding that at several Caddy dealerships, they wanna sell you new ones but can't be bothered with service, especially warranty !
    Yup, dealing with the Parts Dept is like they're doing you a favour....plus went in back in November and gave my VIN to purchase brake pads and they sold me base model pads, not the Brembo pads which are completely different. Also called ahead to make sure they had the pads and gave my VIN and told them the car had Brembo calipers - and they still gave me the wrong ones. My bad that I didn't check inside the box when I picked up but by the time I realized I had the wrong parts I already had one side disassembled and it was Saturday afternoon. Was thinking about finding another dealer but sounds like might be same issue elsewhere.

The car itself has been pretty good for a 7 year old Caddy - I think only issues I've had is a split coolant Y-hose, cracked PCV hose, and CUE screen. The first two are mileage/age related but the CUE screen is premature and a common issue it seems (which is why there are after-market touchscreen panels for them (US$150).

I use Ford Pass to remote start my Explorer ST. I live on the fourth floor and the ST is parked on the 3rd level underground, and I can start it from my unit. Also use it work from my office while the ST is parked on the other side of the building.
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

Forgot to add, part of what attracted me to this unit was how it reuses the factory remote, slick having the one your already accustomed to. For remote start, simple as tap the lock button three times, shut it off with a single push of the same one. Not often anything aftermarket works out as well as this.
    Cost, came in at $349.00 US shipped. Bonus vs having one installed locally, clean plug and play harness vs the oh so common under dash mess we've all seen.