Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  450
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Different brand in the garage part II

With all the exposure to this German car, I have developed an urge to pick up a Chrysler Crossfire SRT6. Been spending time on the Crossfore Forum and there are some really serious guys on there with fairly serious cars. Hoping to find something with relatively low k`s on it. I would like something like yours but its out of my league.
    Last edited by cudaboy; 08-12-2022 at 09:06 AM.

You don’t see many of those Crossfires anymore that’s for sure.

As for the price of these….I was specifically looking for a coupe (11-15). Pre facelift sedans can be found cheaper.
    The 14-15 507s were a lot more $ basically for the 2012 BS hood vents and 19” nicer rims so I searched for a 13 with the P30 package and eventually found it in Ottawa.
    The prices of the 11-13 were def more reasonable and I can tell you now it’s a lot of car for the money!
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 08-13-2022 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    Wrap completed and happy with the results.
    I decided on the “507” front grill/emblem look for it to emphasize the logo VS just blacking it out.

Next up is paint correction/ceramic coating and finally install the new emblems.
    Blacking out the horizontal bar on the grille might look good. It would just be the Mercedes logo there and look like it’s floating. Just a thought.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

I found pics of all options of the grill before….I just liked that one the best.
    My son voted for just the MB logo chrome as you mentioned but after seeing this he actually liked it better and said "You were right" which is always nice to hear.

I have the new gloss black rim centre caps to install also...just gotta find the time and energy to swap them on.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 08-14-2022 at 04:16 AM.

After months of casually searching I found this somewhat local.
    Just like the real deal only 888 of these made which I think is cool.

Had I known you were looking Tony, I know a guy that has pretty much everything and he's localish too.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANGWOP View Post
    Had I known you were looking Tony, I know a guy that has pretty much everything and he's localish too.
    It’s all good Shawn…..I enjoy the search and have some real rare cars in my die cast collection now.

No worries Tony, I hear ya, I love the hunt too.
    Yeah, you've got a killer collection going on.

Well after 10 months of ownership and 5000kms driven the C63 has been sold and is now back in the Ottawa area.

New owner is a great guy and we formed an instant connection and we will certainly keep in touch.
    He is picking up with the car where I left off and truly appreciates everything that has been done and documented.
    It was a no price negotiation type of deal and it put some money in my pocket which is always easier when saying goodbye.

I’m really going to miss the car as it was a special and rare one!
    Did everything very well (handling, brakes, comfort, appearance, sound) and I’m so glad I got to experience it and work on it.

As previous discussed having 3 cars parked for the winter just wasn’t practical so when the time comes I will be replacing it for the wife with something newer.
    Most likely be a 2 door coupe, AWD, 4-6cyl with most likely turbo in the 250-350HP range.

I’ve already done some research and have the car in mind for her but in no rush to purchase it until we actually need it.

Hope you guys enjoyed following along with this one while it lasted!
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 10-11-2022 at 11:12 AM.

Really enjoyed the trip. Loved what you accomplished, get something interesting as a relacement