Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  450
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Different brand in the garage part II

[QUOTE=Zutz2v] My neighbour across the street had one until last summer. That guy used it as a track car. That thing barely broke down and didn’t quit. Your going to be very happy with that car. FYI it handles NOS like boss lmao. Also be aware they have an issue with the header I believe….. it cracks at the block and leaks. Your year they might have fixed it but it’s worth looking into it. Have fun man!

Thanks man!
    I've read up on them a lot prior and post ownership and have never heard anything about the factory manifolds cracking.
    The early models (08-10) had an issue with head bolts (not long enough) that was sorted in early 2011.

They respond really well to FL headers but they don't come cheap and install appears to be very difficult and something I'm not interested in at all.
    On that note the engine compartment doesn't leave much room for anything and the battery is already located in the trunk from factory.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 06-10-2022 at 01:57 AM.

Club Supporter
    Nice ride, congrats! Summer ride I assume?

Great purchase, congrats

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Nice ride, congrats! Summer ride I assume?
    Thanks, yes summer ride only.
    For the first time the wife will be just as excited as me to get a car cover off come spring.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 01-25-2022 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Very nice! Congrats on the German beast. I love those cars. Last of their "big block" motors.
    Thanks man!
    I strongly agree about the motor comment…the noise the hand built M156 engine makes is awesome.
    Lots of owners also remove the secondary cats on top of the resonators for even more volume but that’s a little much even for me and takes away from the AMG sound.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 01-25-2022 at 08:36 PM.

[QUOTE=WidowrRacing;408494]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v
    My neighbour across the street had one until last summer. That guy used it as a track car. That thing barely broke down and didn’t quit. Your going to be very happy with that car. FYI it handles NOS like boss lmao. Also be aware they have an issue with the header I believe….. it cracks at the block and leaks. Your year they might have fixed it but it’s worth looking into it. Have fun man!

Thanks man!
    I've read up on them a lot prior and post ownership and have never heard anything about the factory manifolds cracking.
    The early models (08-10) had an issue with head bolts (not long enough) that was sorted in early 2011.

They respond really well to FL headers but they don't come cheap and install appears to be very difficult and something I'm not interested in at all.
    On that note the engine compartment doesn't leave much room for anything and the battery is already located in the trunk from factory.
    I knew it was an early issue. Just be happy your car won’t have that problem. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

[QUOTE=Zutz2v;408530]

I knew it was an early issue. Just be happy your car won’t have that problem. Lol

It was kinda like the LS7 valve drop issue.
    Not every motor did it but if you owned one it was something you wanted to address in the event that it did.

Head bolts really sucked on them until 2011 yea. But if you caught it early enough you could swap em pretty easily. Yours being later with P31 makes it bulletproof basically.

Hell of a ride you got there, those things are so much freaking fun. Also being Coupe/P31 makes it mighty rare and mighty desirable. Congrats sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

That's badass Tony, nice buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Head bolts really sucked on them until 2011 yea. But if you caught it early enough you could swap em pretty easily. Yours being later with P31 makes it bulletproof basically.

Hell of a ride you got there, those things are so much freaking fun. Also being Coupe/P31 makes it mighty rare and mighty desirable. Congrats sir.
    Thanks man.
    We’re both really looking forward to driving it come spring.
    I just picked up an original 2013 AMG sales brochure and waiting for it to arrive.
    Also been trying to track down a window sticker for it listing all the options and original cost...just to have in my folder. I’m really curious what the car cost new.

The coupe is a rare find and was only made between (11-15) and that’s why I didn’t hesitate to go see it.
    A lot more sedans out there since they made them from (07-14) but the wife has never had a “sports” car so 2 doors was a must for her.
    People seem to still go nuts for these in the wagon version which does look cool when you see them drifting around a track roasting the rear tires.
    Example of this is on Netflix “My next guest” when David Letterman interviews Lewis Hamilton. It’s a must watch…so funny.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 02-26-2022 at 05:13 PM.