Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  450
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Different brand in the garage part II

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Head bolts really sucked on them until 2011 yea. But if you caught it early enough you could swap em pretty easily. Yours being later with P31 makes it bulletproof basically.

Hell of a ride you got there, those things are so much freaking fun. Also being Coupe/P31 makes it mighty rare and mighty desirable. Congrats sir.
    Thanks man.
    We’re both really looking forward to driving it come spring.
    I just picked up an original 2013 AMG sales brochure and waiting for it to arrive.
    Also been trying to track down a window sticker for it listing all the options and cost to just to have it.
    I’m curious what the car went for brand new and the options in Canadian funds.

The coupe is a rare find and was only made between (11-15) and that’s why I didn’t hesitate to go see it.
    A lot more sedans out there since they made them from (07-14) but the wife has never had a “sports” car so 2 doors was a must.
    People seem to still go nuts for these in the wagon version which does look cool when you see them drifting around a track roasting the rear tires.
    Example of this is on Netflix “My next guest” when David Letterman interviews Lewis Hamilton. It’s a must watch…so funny.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 02-26-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Is it an original US or CDN car? P31 was option code APX in Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Is it an original US or CDN car? P31 was option code APX in Canada.
    Canadian car purchased from MB in Thornhill May 2013….and yes according to VINDECODER
    P30 is AMG performance package, 923 is output increase of engine, 471 is LSD rear diff and
    460 is Canada version.

I’m the 3rd owner.
    Original owner leased it for 5yrs and returned it. 2nd owner bought it in 2018-2021.

I’ve got a printout from MB decoding the VIN and should compare it to the info above.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 04-14-2022 at 09:26 AM.

Yea, Benz nomenclature will make your head spin. The 923 is all the really matters. Any chance you've googled your engine builder? Was always the first thing I did when my dad brings one home lol.

Yea, Benz nomenclature will make your head spin. The 923 is all the really matters. Any chance you've googled your engine builder? Was always the first thing I did when my dad brings one home lol.
    No, I haven't googled his name yet.

Unfortunately I really only drove the car home, cleaned it and stored it.
    I'm really anxious to look into the engine and the car on the lift to see if it has any mods.
    I crawled underneath to notice the resonator delete in the middle as I was also checking to make sure it still had mufflers on it at the rear of the car.

The previous owner really didn't know anything mechanically about the car and I gathered that when he couldn't open the hood himself but provided me receipts for service he had completed while owning it.

I would really like to contact the original owner and ask him about the car including a small knob under the steering column I found and what it's for.
    I asked the previous owner and he wasn't aware it was even there.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 04-06-2022 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    No, I haven't googled his name yet.

Unfortunately I really only drove the car home, cleaned it and stored it.
    I'm really anxious to look into the engine and the car on the lift to see if it has any mods.
    I crawled underneath to notice the resonator delete as I was checking to make sure it still had mufflers on it.

The previous owner really didn't know anything mechanically about the car and I gathered that when he couldn't open the hood himself but provided me receipts for service he had completed while owning it.

I would really like to contact the original owner and ask him about the car including a small knob under the steering column I found and what it's for.
    I asked the previous owner and he wasn't aware it was even there.
    You got a picture?

Snapped a pic of the engine builders name but it’s really difficult to read.
    Quick MB search and I found it spelt Behar Pepshi.

I also received the 52 page 2013 AMG sales brochure in the mail which is cool.
    And last but not least after A LOT of effort I finally received a copy of the window sticker for it.

temporary image upload
    Behar Pepshi

Last edited by WidowrRacing; 04-06-2022 at 01:47 PM.

Very nice! That V8 motor is addictive. You’re going to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Very nice! That V8 motor is addictive. You’re going to love it.
    Hope so!
    Lots of comparison vids VS BMW and Audi etc which are still cool to watch.

MB certainly played the game in terms of HP numbers between all the W204 models -base C63 451HP, P30/P31 481HP, 507 edition 507HP and the black series 510HP.
    All came with essentially the same drivetrain but the factory tune was revised and trany upgrades were made in later years ditching the torque converter and replacing it with a MCT.

Even the much steeper priced MB SLS shared the same drivetrain but it made 583/479 to help justify the cost more I think.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 02-02-2022 at 04:30 PM.

The SLS has to be one of my favourite cars ever made. That car is gorgeous. Congrats on your new ride!

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'