Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Bypass valve for carb and blower

Bypass valve for carb and blower

I’m throwing my blower on the king cobra and using a csu blow through carb. Is a v3sc making 6psi it’s going a 304 small block. I have the bypass valve from my EFI setup can I use it for my carb setup and just vent it to atmosphere or do I need a blow off valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is it a recirculation bypass? With MAF based cars - they make sense as that air is normally metered

Honestly, for 6lbs - I don't see it worth doing, with all the info I've managed to dig up - unless you're running 10lbs+ there isn't enough force on the throttle blades to worry about.
    Check out my Instagram for more on my build

https://www.instagram.com/my83mustang

On smaller boost set ups, we've actually seen them run better / more consistent idle etc with a valve.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    On smaller boost set ups, we've actually seen them run better / more consistent idle etc with a valve.
    I would imagine it would run better the one I have does not open i until 13lbs and I’m only asking because the budget doesn’t allow me to get a different pulley setup right now, and I have a gentleman from Pennsylvania mustang group willing to trade me straight up for an igloo for a carb and he wants my valve as well and if it’s going to sit I will just do the trade to get my car going for April

Interested to see how your carb'd n charged set up works.

Me to I’m more of an EFI guy but this is more budget friendly got them carb off a buddy o us e the blower already so just need some minor stuff and away we go

If you have a CSU carb set up as a blow through, you don't need an enclosure. That usually reserved for unmodded carbs and can be temperamental from what I understand.

Typically on a carb set up you'd want a blow off valve that is open at idle to vent off the excess air being made by the blower. A quick drop in vacuum should snap it shut and you're good to go. You may get away without one at low boost though, some do it that way.

If you are on Facebook, look up the Blowthrough Mob. Plenty of great resources there, if you aren't already a group member.