Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Non mustang tech. 2021 bronco sport suspension.

Non mustang tech. 2021 bronco sport suspension.

Loving the new bronco. But have one issue.

Remember it’s a service vehicle. Rides great. Until I put my tools and gear in the back.

Only talking maybe a couple hundred lbs total if that but enough to cause a slight suspension squat in the rear. I had the same issue with my old edge work truck. But the ride was the same loaded vs unloaded. It just wore the tires a bit Un even.

With the new bronco sport. The suspension gets bouncy. And just turns into a rough bouncy ride.

Looking for options to improve

I had air bags on my old truck and the ride was way to harsh. On big bumps it was spine breaking.

Spacers might fix the squat but I doubt will change the ride.

Would just upgrading shocks help? What about air shocks?

Thanks.

My experience with air bags on last three pickups, all the upside of adjusting for load with no neg on ride quality. Did you have HD style bags on a previous truck that hurt ride so badly?
    Air shocks, poor dampening + poor ride but yet ride height adjustable.

Some similar to the ones pictured have an internal bump stop. With anything but max PSI you hit the bump stop n ride is horrible.

I've run these which work well with zero neg. Current Ram has the black / slightly heavier version.

i had air ride, auto adjustable ones in the previous F150

so they would air up and down depending on weight. where great for hauling and for loading up the back of the truck. but with nothing in they would air down and then things like train tracks and large bumps were un bearable.

i do remember now that i had a set of the red ones installed in our MKT to help with trailer load, they seemed to do the job.

Ill look into a set. thanks.

Another thing I forgot to mention, pumped up or down low for daily driving, they add a noticeable amount of overall stability. Same results in current coil spring Ram, same on previous pair of leaf spring trucks. FYI to anyone installing on a pick up truck, the red version work well, the black bag HD version of the 1000s work even better if you carry big loads (carry more with less air PSI vs what the reds would need to carry same load) with no downside on ride quality.