Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox ride quality dbl adjust shocks

Fox ride quality dbl adjust shocks

1988 mustang. Stock k member and control arms. MM caster camber plates, oem shocks, sportline springs

On any bumpy road the ride quality is terrible. One day I’d like to get tubular control arms and go coil over but not happening in the near future. I keep looking at koni double adjustable shocks, 8742 1121. I’m thinking the benefits are that they can be dialed in for a comfy road setup and also adjusted for a stiff track setup.

But holy, it’s $1,000 for a pair of fronts!
    Anyone have specific experience with these? Any other options to improve the drivability?

Can help you out a ton on that subject, had every combo under the sun in my Cobra.
    My suggestion, Koni dbl adjustable struts with MM coil overs and MM lower arms but since budgets are budgets moving to just a set of Koni dbl adj with your current set up would make a huge difference (dont' be tempted to by s/a, not even in the same league as the d/a version). Cool part, you've already got them for the day your able to add an MM coil over kit into the mix.

100% worth getting the best you can afford. Cheaper doing it right once.
    I have koni d/a front and rear
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Koni double adjustable shocks are worth the coin. Have them on front and rear of my car. You can actually feel a difference going from click to click on the compression settings. (on coilovers)

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

ZR and Zippy I remember you talking about them a couple summers ago when I saw you. I’ve also read when you post about them it’s definitely the way to go, though I’m not sure how much lapping my fox will be doing. I just want to be comfortable driving through Toronto’s finest roads. It’s not just budget that’s holding me back from the full front end overhaul, it’s the lack of my own workspace. A pair of shocks is a pretty quick job solo.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    100% worth getting the best you can afford. Cheaper doing it right once.
    I have koni d/a front and rear
    You had something else last year right? I remember talking to you about your setup I don’t remember d/a.

In my fox, have Koni’s DA with MM coilovers, MM control arms and MM k-member. Very pleased with it. Would highly recommend doing what you can to work towards this setup. Fantastic road manners or track laps

Quote Originally Posted by m_owing View Post
    You had something else last year right? I remember talking to you about your setup I don’t remember d/a.
    I had Bilstien HD form MM. They were not rated for the spring rate I wanted to use.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

The D/A are not only best for the track, absolute best for the street.

Club Supporter
    For a great street ride and handling without breaking the bank. Throw some Bilsteins on there. Koni DA are overkill on a street car. Everyone (almost everyone) here running Koni loved their Bilsteins until they wanted to run big spring rates for the track.

I just happen to have a couple of Bilstein struts if you’re interested lol.

Quote Originally Posted by m_owing View Post
    1988 mustang. Stock k member and control arms. MM caster camber plates, oem shocks, sportline springs
    Another vote for Bilsteins for the above combo. They will handle the spring rate of the Sportlines just fine. Even when/if you upgrade control arms and go to coil-overs. It’s what I run. Rides fine on the street, and holds it’s own on the track. As mentioned, the Bilsteins will limit the amount of spring you can run, but not an issue unless you go with really heavy springs.
    -Don____________