Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At my wits end! Lol

1tuffsvt
    Okie dokie! .bad news is I changed the tensioner and the noise is still there...so I've changed all the idler pulleys and tensioner in the front....now I look at the belt and pulleys behind the serpentine belt and their all pretty worn down....and it seems like the noise is coming from one of those idler pulleys....so my question is how hard is it to change those pulleys and belt? It looks like theres a couple screws but is there anything else i need to know? Im pretty confident i can change them

Pull the blower belt back off and fire up. Water bottle in hand, pour a lil on the belt n see if the noise disappears. If so, belt, if not, pulley or bearing. Bridge in front must be removed to replace. Pay special attention to where the odd ball bolts go.

I always cringe looking at that inner belt looks a little tricky to get at...good luck and keep us posted!
    2024 VW MK8R - Lapis Blue - 6-Speed
    2004 SVT Cobra - Sold
    2004 SVT Lightning - Sold

It's not as bad as it looks, just a bunch of stuff to get out of the way. Upside, on the factory pulleys, bearings can be replaced.

Mine has turned 90000k's recently expect I'll be in there at some point...glad it's not as tough as it looks! Will be in touch soon Rick heading home today...quick parts check and message will be enroute!
    2024 VW MK8R - Lapis Blue - 6-Speed
    2004 SVT Cobra - Sold
    2004 SVT Lightning - Sold

Cool, safe trip.