Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  9

Thread: S550 removed driver's lumbar support

S550 removed driver's lumbar support

After reading multiple posts here on lumbar, I realized something. When I sit in the passenger seat it feels entirely different than the driver's seat, why? I would often feel that the lumbar in the driver' seat was "inflated" even when it was fully retracted. So I took the seat fabric off the back and disconnected the "throttle cable" in the lumbar and it fully retracted it and big difference! I've effectively removed what was poking in my back this whole time. This means the lumbar is not operational now. Getting into the back of the seat is a breeze, I worked from the back seat upside down and removed two electrical connectors and then the elastic bands holding the back fabric. With that away a trim pry tool will get two plastic push pins out then the back flap opens right up. Lifting up the flap and looking for the plastic pin that is seated in the metal hoop (see picture). With needle nose pliers, I squeezed the tabs together and pushed it out of the hoop. Once you release this, it releases the tension and you can see the sides of the lumbar retract. I connected the motor again (will it pop a code if disconnected?) and will disconnect the lumbar switch itself. Check it out.

HUGE difference!

IMG_5589.jpg
    IMG_5596.jpg

Wouldn’t throw any codes as some models don’t have lumbar.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

If it makes the seat more comfy for you, nice mod.

Each to their own, but with my back having lumbar adjustment is pretty important.
    FABMAN