Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  44

View Poll Results: Ceratec -Do you use it?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

6 100.00%
  • Other oil addictive brand

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LM Ceratec who uses it?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Makes perfect sense to me. Original Slick 50 was good for the same reason.
    this was one of my first Q's at the tribology seminar as I was using Slick50 at the time.

First thing I did when home was change my oil.

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    So if the majority of engine wear occurs at cold start…..wouldn’t using a product like LM Ceratec make sense?
    It bonds to metal and provides a thin layer of protection and reduces friction. At least that’s what it claims to do.
    LM and several YouTubers put this to the test and like I said a strong majority like the product.
    as previously posted, adding a topcoat will change the formulation and compromise other characteristics.

As with this and any other issue it's up to you to parse out valid info.

What problem are you trying to resolve?

On my previous build I had an ignition kill switch to confound thieves. I also used it to turn the engine over without ignition to circulate oil prior to start up. A pan heater would resolve a lot of issues including cold start. This would also allow for different oil selection (cheaper oils), as well as helping to evaporate condensation in the oils.

My diesel oil selection was different than that of the mfg recommendation because of NOACK values.

I had a cord going to my van when parked to run the fridge and a few other things. More than once I started driving while plugged in.

I could also see a warm engine being attractive to animals. There's never a free lunch
    Last edited by ChickenLips; 04-04-2022 at 11:11 AM.

First Slick 50 test we did, straight six GM that had a knock at cold start, brutal knock after an oil change. Changed oil n filter adding Slick 50 then drove as they suggested, shut off and sat overnight. Cold start next am, not so much as the slightest knock at cold start. Ran it in my then fleet of Diesel GM and Ford tow trucks, difference in sound at cold start was significant.

Amazon delivered as expected.

Last edited by WidowrRacing; 04-04-2022 at 04:16 PM.