Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hanson International Advanced Driving School

Hanson International Advanced Driving School

For those that are interested in improving their driving skills and want to take their cars to the limit in a safe environment, this is your opportunity. This advanced driving school is run by Peter Hanson, who along with his father Derek, were the creators of the famous DECH Mustangs. There are many events this season starting in a few weeks on April 30th. All schools are held at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park(Mosport) on the development track. Check it out.

http://www.hansoninternationaldriving.com/

Very cool. And welcome GT. It’s been a long time.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Very cool. And welcome GT. It’s been a long time.
    It's been a long long time since I was on this forum.

Howdy Mr, thanks for posting.

Peter's events are fun, safe, well-organized and well-run. I'd encourage anyone who wants to try a proper driver education event in a safe environment to give it a go at one of Peter's days.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Hmmm, does sound interesting and Canadian Tire Motorsports is such a cool track.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Note that Peter's days are run on the Driver Development Centre circuit, not the main GP circuit.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Oh, not the track. I'll have to google that to see what that portion looks like.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

What is the difference between your advanced driving school vs. Driver Development day?

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Good question, don't know the answer to that as I think it's the first year that Peter has had 2 different types of events. The advanced driving schools includes classroom instruction, skidpad / slalom / braking exercises for the beginners, and in-car coaching all day for the novice and intermediate students as needed. I'm guessing that the Driver Development Days might be for experienced drivers specifically and may focus on more seat time, but a message to them for clarification would be best if you're interested. I'm sure that Peter would love to see your jelly bean DECH at an event!
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S