Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  122
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another reason to avoid car meets.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANGWOP View Post
    Lot's of really cool LEO's out there.
    I have first hand experience, got pulled over for no front plate a couple years ago, the officer was more interested in my car and the "no drill" bracket for my front plate that was in my trunk. The officer wanted one for her car. Was told to have a nice day.
    Nice! I imagine the conversation went something like "Oh sorry officer, I was at a car show and forgot to re-attach it".

I had a similar experience, but BOTH my plates were missing. Had just purchased my 99 35th Anniversary Silver GT vert and taking it to Speedy Muffler on King St.in Oshawa to get the safety done. Was heading west on Bond St. and went to make a left turn onto a side street to go over to King St. and Durham's finest was on the opposite side of the street (entering Bond) and when I made my left, he was checking the car out...and saw no plate on the rear. Proceeded to drive with him behind me, made my left onto King St. and then another left into Speedy and he followed me right to the back of Speedy Muffler garage door entrance. Top was down on the car. He gets out of his car....walks up to ask where my plate was (all business) and then noticed my temporary plate (paper back in the day) on my windshield. Conversation immediately turned into "What an F'ing beautiful car, where did you get it, etc. etc." Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    Nice! I imagine the conversation went something like "Oh sorry officer, I was at a car show and forgot to re-attach it".

I had a similar experience, but BOTH my plates were missing. Had just purchased my 99 35th Anniversary Silver GT vert and taking it to Speedy Muffler on King St.in Oshawa to get the safety done. Was heading west on Bond St. and went to make a left turn onto a side street to go over to King St. and Durham's finest was on the opposite side of the street (entering Bond) and when I made my left, he was checking the car out...and saw no plate on the rear. Proceeded to drive with him behind me, made my left onto King St. and then another left into Speedy and he followed me right to the back of Speedy Muffler garage door entrance. Top was down on the car. He gets out of his car....walks up to ask where my plate was (all business) and then noticed my temporary plate (paper back in the day) on my windshield. Conversation immediately turned into "What an F'ing beautiful car, where did you get it, etc. etc." Too funny.
    Like any other segment of society the representation of attributes will roughly reflect society. Of all the times I've been pulled over, only once was it to admire my car and remind me to attach my front plate. Most interactions were neutral, some petty and adversarial. My experience is that a friendly, enthusiast officer is in the extreme minority. I anticipate the worst and occasionally get a pleasant surprise. More importantly I strive to behave in a non attention getting manner. IMO exceptions do not make the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    Like any other segment of society the representation of attributes will roughly reflect society. Of all the times I've been pulled over, only once was it to admire my car and remind me to attach my front plate. Most interactions were neutral, some petty and adversarial. My experience is that a friendly, enthusiast officer is in the extreme minority. I anticipate the worst and occasionally get a pleasant surprise. More importantly I strive to behave in a non attention getting manner. IMO exceptions do not make the rule.
    In both cases, the police were doing their jobs; law enforcement. In Mustangwop's case, the officer could have issued a ticket but choose not to. In my case, I was legally entitled to be driving with no plates thanks to the temp license sticker.

Law enforcement, especially in Toronto/GTA is a tough gig these days. Not a career I'd ever want. Whenever I've been pulled over (a handful of times), I've always been cordial and co-operative and respected the officer and never had a bad interaction. Who knows what their last interaction was like? And behaving in a non attention getting manner, is a good idea....especially in the Mustang hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    In both cases, the police were doing their jobs; law enforcement. In Mustangwop's case, the officer could have issued a ticket but choose not to. In my case, I was legally entitled to be driving with no plates thanks to the temp license sticker.

Law enforcement, especially in Toronto/GTA is a tough gig these days. Not a career I'd ever want. Whenever I've been pulled over (a handful of times), I've always been cordial and co-operative and respected the officer and never had a bad interaction. Who knows what their last interaction was like? And behaving in a non attention getting manner, is a good idea....especially in the Mustang hobby.

crackdown will not stop people going overboard. police stop speeding cards every day. that doesn't stop people from speeding

Quote Originally Posted by FishFinder View Post
    crackdown will not stop people going overboard. police stop speeding cards every day. that doesn't stop people from speeding
    Are you a bot?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Are you a bot?
    I would suggest a podiatrist

I know some of those Police officers, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    I've heard some Police officers just stop in at local car meets while working to check out the cool cars.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store