Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  45
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S550 windshield cracked.

No nothing like that either.

Roushcharged
    Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    Nothing hit it and it cracked?
    Can't recall ever hearing that happen before.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Nope nothing, neither have I. If I'd not just washed n wiped down the car then did windows with glass cleaner I'd suspect there was a chip or mark I hadn't seen.
    One side of crack line is elevated vs other side.
    When I purchased my 2011 Toyota Sienna new we took it on an 8000km road trip 2 weeks after deliver. We experienced the same thing, the crack started under the cowl and kept getting bigger as we drove home after 2 weeks on the road. It happened in Mississippi and my uncle said all of his windshields crack regularly in the heat, regardless we brought it in to Toyota to get replaced under warranty. They said a windshield wasn't covered under warranty, I asked them to show me how it cracked as there was no stone chip. 45 minutes of inspection by everyone and there mother at the dealership and they agreed to replace it. Didn't cost me a penny but it took them 2 years to get me the invoice as Toyota Canada wouldn't pay the dealer until they had completed there investigation...... or so I was told. Worth a try?

Quote Originally Posted by allicedout View Post
    When I purchased my 2011 Toyota Sienna new we took it on an 8000km road trip 2 weeks after deliver. We experienced the same thing, the crack started under the cowl and kept getting bigger as we drove home after 2 weeks on the road. It happened in Mississippi and my uncle said all of his windshields crack regularly in the heat, regardless we brought it in to Toyota to get replaced under warranty. They said a windshield wasn't covered under warranty, I asked them to show me how it cracked as there was no stone chip. 45 minutes of inspection by everyone and there mother at the dealership and they agreed to replace it. Didn't cost me a penny but it took them 2 years to get me the invoice as Toyota Canada wouldn't pay the dealer until they had completed there investigation...... or so I was told. Worth a try?
    8k on the pp2 aswell. Very odd.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'