Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  39
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forced financing................ya it's a thing.

Forced financing................ya it's a thing.

Interesting read about a ridiculous practice. Can tell you it's real, yes have experienced it more than once when trying to buy a car the last few weeks. It would seem in this day and age, at some dealerships paying cash is not welcome.

https://driving.ca/column/lorraine/f...way-from-a-car

Went through a similar issue buying my wife's CX-5 a few years ago. We entered with the dealer knowing we would be paying cash but once it came time to do the paperwork, the pressure was poured on to finance. I reminded them that cash was made clear upon enter the dealership and if they don't want my cash, I'll go elsewhere. They basically got really mad that we refused to finance. I stuck it out and held my ground because we really wanted the car.

Crazy world we live in now where cash means nothing…borrow til ya drown
    Just waiting for this crap to be over so we can travel again

Dealerships get paid by banks and finance companies for each loan they get approved. If it becomes a sticking point simply take the loan, then pay it off when you get home. There's no interest and the banks are happy to take your money without any fuss. Done this a few times. helps get a better price on the car. Plus you get the last laugh on the dealer since they don't get any money until 3 to 6 months after the loan is taken and they get nothing if you pay it off before then.

^ Some require signing you will not pay off until X amount of time passes which varies between a few months to one or more years (read some actually enter a dollar amount penalty you agree to upfront). Had no idea any of this was a thing until recently.

Wow. This is messed up. I've never heard of this before.

Stories like these always make me dread buying cars..,an experience that should be fun but instead becomes annoying.

Dealers must dislike buyers like me as I really couldn’t care less if I buy a particular car unless it’s a deal I can live with. If it’s not then I will always walk away and not care one bit as there is always another car around the corner.
    FABMAN

wait until central bank issued crypto is introduced, you won't have a choice.

Thankfully it's not all dealers, still lots out there that make it the exciting experience it should be.
    I'm of the same mind as you Fab, never ever get emotional or attached to what I'm looking at, makes you do things you'll regret later.
    Buying my PP2 from Heritage was as painless as it gets, ordering ZL1 1LE went just as smooth. Only run into this when looking for an SS 1LE or ZL1 to replace the PP2.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Thankfully it's not all dealers, still lots out there that make it the exciting experience it should be.
    I'm of the same mind as you Fab, never ever get emotional or attached to what I'm looking at, makes you do things you'll regret later.
    Buying my PP2 from Heritage was as painless as it gets, ordering ZL1 1LE went just as smooth. Only run into this when looking for an SS 1LE or ZL1 to replace the PP2.
    Very true. Dealing with people like Bill at heritage is definitely a positive experience. Buying from him was one of the best car purchasing deals I have ever had and I still refer him to this day.

Unfortunately, most of the other brands that I have purchased haven’t been as favourable.
    FABMAN