Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  76
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electric Mustang GT??

hhttps://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/resolution-28-000-damage-to-mach-e-from-tow-truck-hooking-into-battery-rail.13531/

Here's the actual thread for the story. The customer did not end up paying at all, Ford stepped up and covered it (and will likely go after a portion from the tow company) the reason the customer was given an invoice to begin with is because the battery damage was not a parts failure and damage done externally. Ford roadside initially couldn't "prove" the damage was done by a specific tow operator because initially the car was towed by one party to a dealer that wasn't able to service Mach-E's and thus had to be moved again a second time and thus created a finger pointing nightmare

Per the owner

The detachment happened before the tow truck damaged the battery rail. Where things got messy for me was two transports were involved. The first tow, which I believe did the damage, was to a Ford dealership not adequately equipped to handle the MachE and 600 miles away from our destination so Ford arranged for the car to be transported to where we live. The first tow company blamed the second. I was told ‘no sorry can’t help’ by so many different reps but kept pursuing. I also had a great service manager that kept pushing from his end. I don’t know what in the end led us to resolution but it ended well. It was covered fully by Ford - I assume they will go after the tow company. Good luck and don’t accept defeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

What a disaster. I’ll stick to cars that can be fixed by any dealer/service station, and can get to Florida on 2 tanks of fuel or less : )

I remember cross-fire fuel injection debut —no dealer could fix that either
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

gross. nty

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    To be clear, I have no issue with the car itself, my problem is with the name. To me this vehicle could have worn many, many other names, no need to call it a Mustang, plain and simple.
    Looked like he winched it in the wrong area, and hit the battery, so he was likely trying to drag it up onto the bed.
    This is a bit concerning though ….guy was apparently driving from Canada to Florida?
    They could have called the damn thing the E - Scape
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

unnamed.jpg

e car mods
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works