Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside the corporate dash to buy up dentists’ offices, vet clinics and pharmacies

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    does regulated closure of small business while exempting large business help or hurt a move towards monopolies.
    I must have missed these "regulated closures" from pre-2015 to 2020 while this trend was really accelerating.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    PE and VC are different things.

So what is capitalism and free market then? If you have cash and want to deploy to maximize your return on investment on that cash (that you made in business) and see an opportunity to make that return due to inefficiencies in the market that could be corrected for profit (eg. fragmentation and margins depressed by ineffective operators, inefficiencies in cost or price management, arbitrage, etc) - what do you call that?

In many of these examples, it's the absence of government that opens a window for these opportunities and they do it (ie. profit maximization) until someone steps in with regulation (which is not free market at that point).
    what's a better method of price reduction for the consumer, competition or monopoly.

what's a better method of maximizing profit, competition or monopoly?

OK you define it how you "want" to but I don't think that's the established definition in any of the ones I've seen. I agree that it is up to the consumer and/or workers as other stakeholders or resource inputs to determine when they withhold their inputs.

What Does Free Market Capitalism Mean?
    Any economy is capitalist as long as private individuals control the factors of production. A purely capitalist economy is also a free market economy, meaning the law of supply and demand, rather than a central government, regulates production, labor, and the marketplace. Companies sell goods and services at the highest price consumers are willing to pay while workers earn the highest wages companies are willing to pay for their services. The profit motive drives all commerce and forces businesses to operate as efficiently as possible to avoid losing market share to competitors.
    Where in that definition does it say lobbyists and politicians working together with multinational, multibillion dollar companies buying up all the competition, while driving up prices and driving down wages is free market capitalism.

It has nothing to do with how I “want” to define it.

It’s defined that way by many many people smarter than both you and I.

I must have missed these "regulated closures" from pre-2015 to 2020 while this trend was really accelerating.
    It’s not lost on people how easily you can ignore key factors in order to make the narrative fit what you want.

“In before the Trump/racist angle”

Either way the average person is getting screwed while people like you make excuses and spread Bs

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Where in that definition does it say lobbyists and politicians working together with multinational, multibillion dollar companies buying up all the competition, while driving up prices and driving down wages is free market capitalism.

It has nothing to do with how I “want” to define it.

It’s defined that way by many many people smarter than both you and I.

I don't know what your economics textbooks said but I think our learning journeys differ. No time to teach you guys economics.

Club Supporter
    It’s not lost on people how easily you can ignore key factors in order to make the narrative fit what you want.

“In before the Trump/racist angle”

Either way the average person is getting screwed while people like you make excuses and spread Bs
    The dates I posted were from 2015 (actually before) to 2022, and closures were 2 of those - at least do the math before falling into conspiracy or other arguments.

I don't know what your economics textbooks said but I think our learning journeys differ. No time to teach you guys economics.
    Trust me I won’t be coming to You for any lessons.

The dates I posted were from 2015 (actually before) to 2022, and closures were 2 of those - at least do the math before falling into conspiracy or other arguments.
    The article YOU posted was from 2022

It’s not lost on people how everything YOU disagree with is “a conspiracy theory” and never with any proof

Club Supporter
    The article YOU posted was from 2022

It’s not lost on people how everything YOU disagree with is “a conspiracy theory” and never with any proof
    Read my preamble before the article....and in posts after the article, then do the math as to chicken or egg.

Read my preamble before the article....and in posts after the article, then do the math as to chicken or egg.

Quote “Been watching this trend over the past 7 years with dental, eyecare, and vet practices”

Are you denying that other industries are effected and that covid and specifically government policy’s during that time made things worse?

The article YOU posted was from a couple days ago e. And while it mentioned a trend starting as far back as 2013 It clearly mentioned 2020 and 2021. And seemed to indicate a worsening trend

Are other people no longer even allowed to add to a conversation without you jumping right to conspiracy?

Perhaps other people have experience that differs from your own. You might learn more if you were more open minded.