Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3,090
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you buy today?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Looks like a great product, interested to hear your review once out on the road.
    First trip today. About an hour and a half drive but no highways.

Much smoother ride in terms of smoothing out the jerks and bangs when on rough roads and things like rail way crossings.

The car hauler is absolutely going to get the same wet bolt kit but I don’t think the upgraded Center shackle is a necessity in that. But for Travel trailers it’s fantastic to help eliminate the bangs that knock things loose. Have a light shade over the table that falls off every time we go anywhere. So far on this trip it’s stayed in place.

So far thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    New A/C compressor for da Shelby. Ouch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That sucks.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    First trip today. About an hour and a half drive but no highways.

Much smoother ride in terms of smoothing out the jerks and bangs when on rough roads and things like rail way crossings.

The car hauler is absolutely going to get the same wet bolt kit but I don’t think the upgraded Center shackle is a necessity in that. But for Travel trailers it’s fantastic to help eliminate the bangs that knock things loose. Have a light shade over the table that falls off every time we go anywhere. So far on this trip it’s stayed in place.

So far thumbs up.
    Do they recommend on car hauler etc as well?

Sucks about 2082 times!!! 2500 on under dash last year for A/C as well!!

Stuff you'd never expect on such a low mileage cherry.

Do they recommend on car hauler etc as well?
    I think they will work on any tandem axle. But I only really see than advertised to travel trailers. Anything to help the bread not get squashed and the beer shaken up. Lol.

Smoother ride is always a plus. But Unless your buying cars like me where your worried about parts falling off on the way home. Not really that much of a benefit. That being said I think it was under 600 for both the shackle and the wet bolt upgrade. So if you do a lot of hauling sure wouldn’t hurt.

Saw a substantial difference in car trailer ride when I switched from 205-14 on steel wheels to 205-15 on alum rims.

torflex-axles-1-300x140.jpg ^^^^^

torflex-axles-2-300x138.jpg

built myself a cargo trailer 15 or so years ago and used these torflex axles - night and day to spring ride —you probably don't have the room but if you can increase the tire size to 225 or 235 70 series that will make a big difference and increase the load rating —can also buy the torflex ends now —used my trailer everyday for a little more than a week when we moved and it still drives nice (Haven't used it in over ten years) —made a mistake not making it longer to haul cars and now too lazy to stretch it...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    torflex-axles-1-300x140.jpg ^^^^^

torflex-axles-2-300x138.jpg

built myself a cargo trailer 15 or so years ago and used these torflex axles - night and day to spring ride —you probably don't have the room but if you can increase the tire size to 225 or 235 70 series that will make a big difference and increase the load rating —can also buy the torflex ends now —used my trailer everyday for a little more than a week when we moved and it still drives nice (Haven't used it in over ten years) —made a mistake not making it longer to haul cars and now too lazy to stretch it...
    Absolutely the way to go. Especially for heavy loads. And it keeps the rod height lower

Not looking for that level of modifications though. Lol.

Stuff you'd never expect on such a low mileage cherry.
    Yup. My car has 27k. Had to replace the heating element on the seat and now the side bolster is tearing. My wife’s Accord has over 130k, seats are fine and never has problems with the heating elements. You’d think what Ford charge for these cars, they’d put some quality shit in it.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx