Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Fox component location Q

Fox component location Q

I’ve been re-arranging items behind the dash and am wondering about this airbag component.

Is this the correct stock location for the blue airbag thingy, just above the glove box?

Looks correct from the bracket perspective but it looks like it’ll conflict with the dash.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last couple I've had out were pre airbag, not sure but agree bracket looks right.

I've got a 93 manual and this praticular component doesn't show up in the locator illustration. Back to the old way, try and see.

To me if it fits this means I have more room behind the dash to exploit. I've been thinking of a split 88-93 dash taking styling cues from 1st gen Mustangs but making heater box access for a Fox easier.

I should probably finish my projects before more scope creep derails me though

When I did my heater core (many years ago), I forgot to plug that module back in and had a warning light. I managed to reach around and plug it in, but I seem to remember it was right in line with the radio.

edit: this pic I found on the web suggests your location is about right.

edit edit: photobucket pic won’t link
    https://www.moddedmustangs.com/threa...ode-34.312194/
    -Don____________

Thanks. Sounds like your light was the larger diagnostic module. The item I’m looking at is the backup power supply according to the helpful link you attached. Sounds like a battery, no way it’s still good, especially without seeing charge for a few years ( in addition to being 30 years old).

In any case it looks like correct placement. I’ll confirm as soon as I can move again. Threw my back out yet again. Been nursing this for weeks. Time to nuke from orbit to be sure. 1/2 an oxy and a full whisky ought to do it. Expect wobbly posts.