I recently was on the hunt for a set of tires for my Mustang. Need a set of 4, square setup. With all the tire shortages etc and the stupid prices it's becoming increasingly difficult to find certain sizes and brands of tires. Well after much shopping I found a set of tires available in 3 days. I bought them and thinking nothing of it I dropped off my wheels and had them installed. Once I got them back home and installed I found even though they were balanced properly ( I trust the shop that did it) I found they would shake terribly above 50 mph. When I got back home I took a closer look and found these brand new tires had a date code of 5016. That's 50th week of 2016. Promptly returned them. Back on the hunt I finally found a good set of Firestones. I had to go to another shop to get them. While I was there he showed me several sets of tires, Various brands from Continental, pirelli etc that were all sent to him as new with date codes varying back to 2014 on the Conti's. He said its a big problem with that shortages going on.

Moral the the long winded story, Check your date codes. Otherwise you may end up with a new set of 8 year old tires on your ride.