Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  60
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda is on Crack

I’d go to that dealership, find a salesman and tell them I want to buy a car that day, spend an hour or two haggling on different cars, then tell them I’m not interested anymore and walk away with the satisfaction knowing that I’ve wasted their time.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    I’d go to that dealership, find a salesman and tell them I want to buy a car that day, spend an hour or two haggling on different cars, then tell them I’m not interested anymore and walk away with the satisfaction knowing that I’ve wasted their time.
    how much is your time worth?

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    how much is your time worth?
    %0.75 with a $899 documentation fee.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

my 09 civic had 771,000km when i sold it for $1500
    always had an issue with rear shocks thats about it
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.

I just went looking for a part. I got responses ranging from $50-300. I'm going to look at the $50. I don't begrudge the $300 which I consider excessive.

When selling stuff I get the occasional "insulting" low ball offer. Again I don't begrudge these offers, I've done it myself. The free market decides.

No one owes you a good deal, neither do you owe anyone a good deal.

A $5 flashlight now could be worth $50 to someone during a power outage, flood, emergency. The seller of a $50 flashlight is making it available in a time of great demand and has no obligation to sell for the $5 they paid. By stocking it, bringing it to a crisis area and offering it they are being compensated for bringing items in great demand to an area in crisis, fulfilling market demand. During the crisis the flashlight is worth $50 to many, following the crisis the flashlight is worth $50 to few.

When I work, I negotiate for maximum wages. When I shop i look for minimum prices. I decide, simple free market principles. If the car market supports these prices they will continue. If they don't they'll disappear. You have no idea what other market pressures the seller is under, their total profit might be cut to the bone due to other factors. If they become unprofitable, no product will be offered. What's worse, expensive products you need, or no products when you need them.

Why get bent? Vote with your wallet. No one owes you a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    My 2006 Civic Si was 32K OTD and probably more fun to drive. All the extra $$$ they put in is for all the tech it comes with.

Have you considered the BRZ? I’d rather that than a new Civic Si or the upcoming Toyota Corolla GR, AWD 6 speed 300hp.
    I expect great things out of the Corolla GR. After owning a Tacoma I’m a believer in Toyota and will most likely stick with the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    I expect great things out of the Corolla GR. After owning a Tacoma I’m a believer in Toyota and will most likely stick with the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My 92 Lexus SC400 is loaded with good design, quality parts and assembly. In the top end of the market with Mercedes, Lexus and other Luxury brands, Toyota/Lexus appears to have better reliability design.

They don’t make anything like they used to.
    Every brand has its faults.
    I feel that people just buy cars now for what ever electronics they have and couldn’t even tell you what engine it has.
    Or in tire season you ask the customer where their wheel lock socket is and all you get is a blank stare.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    They don’t make anything like they used to.
    Every brand has its faults.
    I feel that people just buy cars now for what ever electronics they have and couldn’t even tell you what engine it has.
    Or in tire season you ask the customer where their wheel lock socket is and all you get is a blank stare.
    try finding an engine under all the hoses and covers

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Check out this BS.

stop by Kelowna Chevrolet located at 2350 Hwy 97 N, Kelowna, BC V1X 4H8 to make this car yours today!

$899 documentation fee, plus a 0.75% commission fee will be charged on the purchase of all New and Pre-Owned vehicles from Kelowna Chevrolet. (0.75% commission fee is based on the top selling price available on bill of sale.)

While we try to ensure accuracy, we reserve the right to correct any errors in pricing or descriptions, and to cancel or refuse to accept a purchase based on an incorrect price or description listed online. Offers, rates, terms, and pricing are subject to change without notice. Vehicle may be for illustration purposes only, models, trims, and options may vary. See Dealer for Details.. *$899 documentation fee, plus a 0.75% commission fee will be charged on the purchase of all New and Pre-Owned vehicles from Kelowna Chevrolet. (0.75% commission fee is based on the top selling price available on bill of sale.)

Engine: Gas V8 6.2L/376

LOL