Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  60
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Honda is on Crack

My fathers 97 Accord 2.2 keeps going and going.
    I doubt anything newer would be anywhere near as reliable as this.

Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    My fathers 97 Accord 2.2 keeps going and going.
    I doubt anything newer would be anywhere near as reliable as this.
    Especially since more cars are direct injection with no catch can so the intake valves get gunked up. I know Ford actually sells catch cans for the V8s.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

my dad has been Toyota since. the late 80's ive driven every one of them. every new one is worst than the last.

he has had (if i re call correctly a 89 , 94ish, a 2001, and like 2015is. the 89 and 94 where bullet proof. bot between 300 and 400 k before getting rid. the 2001 was his first brand new car. he loved it but it did have some issues. mostly suspension and rust if i recall. but he still hit 400K on it. after that he went to a newer but slightly used corolla. and never liked it, too small too noisy, he traded that and go burned on the deal by the dealer into the 2015 ish Camry. back to brand new. had issues with paint pealing on the grill. noisy and not super comfortable to rid in. traded it after a couple years on a again newer but slightly used Rav4. he loved it, but to me was not a comfortable ride. worse on gas than my Edge. and a terrible rumble at highway speed that ended up being the stupid rubber antenna on the roof. mom working at the time ment they needed a second car so he bought another rav4, brand new, it was garbage. worse on gas than the one that was a couple years older. after a year it developed a terrible tick in the engine that the Toyota said was a valve issue but denied warranty saying he had missed oil changes (they did all he oil changes for him) he drove it as it was for another year and them mom with her health stuff couldn't drive anymore mush so they traded both in on a new style rav just a couple years ago. he loves it. I think its way better that the previous gen. but id take my Bronco sport over it any day.

i think some brands have improved a lot of the years. I think some have just kinds rode along. IMO in my (albeit limited) experience with both honda and toyota. they are nothing like they used to be and the Customer service i have seen from both (at least the local dealers) id never buy one.

what's changed? Ever stricter economy regulations.

I guess the energy/carbon foot print of additional maintenance, tows and premature scrapping, making replacements is less than a little less economy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    what's changed? Ever stricter economy regulations.

I guess the energy/carbon foot print of additional maintenance, tows and premature scrapping, making replacements is less than a little less economy.
    I'm sure that's part of it. we also have a a few decades of people demanding more options for a cheaper price. the manufactures for everything have listened. it has costs of tons of jobs and quality items. we are currently reaping the rewards for this mindset. just my opinion.