Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Fox center armrest time waster

Fox center armrest time waster

I couldn’t resist wasting a couple hours trying a few options to alleviate the ubiquitous broken latch

First attempt is bedded in silicon and the pad didn’t seat especially well, slight gap.

Second attempt with washers was better. It’ll work but I just went ahead and ordered a LMR replacement.

Look on the bright side, you can also order the cup holder centre console and get usb and a 12v plug and lose the jacked up ashtray that most will never use. Plus helps modernize the car a little.
    FABMAN

the center armrest is a pretty useless design too. Even when I was rocking cassettes I didn't put em in there. Also heavy AF.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    the center armrest is a pretty useless design too. Even when I was rocking cassettes I didn't put em in there. Also heavy AF.
    Good opportunity to replace it with an arm rest delete when you add the cup holder console. Lighter weight, cleaner look…win, win
    FABMAN

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    Good opportunity to replace it with an arm rest delete when you add the cup holder console. Lighter weight, cleaner look…win, win
    I make use of the armrest for resting my arm. This is an opportunity for my custom time wasting

A little noodling and I'm thinking a 4 eye console might be the magic for me.

Does anyone have a black 4 eye console for sale?