Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Gas!!

Bad Gas!!

So i had an horrible experience last long weekend.

My Father moved to Sudbury last year and it was aboot time i visit him. The wife and I took the mustang up there. Took aboot 5 hours and a full tank of gas it was a nice drive. .

On the way home tho was a nightmare. When things go bad, it happens in three's.

We Star off by heading to a local Shell (CAA discount for the win) fill up the tank cost aboot $95 and we start heading home. It dint take long before i notice a white smoke behind me. i kinda ignore it for a bit, maybe its the road. Tho looking around at the other cars, I then realize it is me!?. Around the same time I also notice that the A/C just went hot... oh CRAP im overheating. I need to pull over NOW. There's one of those truck inspection exits. I put it in neutral and glide in there.

SO open the hood and it is hot and the reservoir is boiling. Crap. I just did a coolant flush not to long ago there no way it should be empty. So We sit there an wait for a half an hour for her to cool off. Then opened her up and the reservoir is empty. I threw some water in there aboot 2-3L of bottle water we had for the trip. Hopefully it enough to get to the next gas station. I started her up and she's cool...But i have white smoke coming out the exhaust?? I check the fluids for contamination...Nope everything looks fine.

We head to the next Gas station its aboot 10km away. We take it slow we keep it at speed limit and it stays normal around 90 deg. The car also seems to be driving like crap.. very sluggesh under 3000rpms and very shakey. I worried i broke something. Did i mention that my windows fell of the rails so they are stuck up and without A/C we are sweating to death and driving into the sun!!

We get to the gas station and they dont have distilled water nor accessible hose...Im not buying smart water for the Rad!. While there, I still notice the white smoke from the exhaust. I check under the hood again and I don't see the fan turning on. so I am boiling over. The next gas station is aboot 30KM. I find that the car stays cool at 100km/h. I gotta turn the A/C on there's no way we can survive this trip without it... and for 30KM she stays cool (90deg)

Same thing happens at this gas station... This is stupid! we're told there's a larger gas station further down the hwy. So we give it a go. Again she is driving like crap in the lower gears almost stalling and slipping like im running on only a few cylinders. My wife tells me that she thinks is the gas we bought in Subury. I dismiss her and tell that's not it. I think i messed something up. We're in the middle of nowhere we gotta get to the next gas station.

As we get closer the car gets hotter shes over the 3/4 mark we're not gonna make it. but then we come around the corner there it is. Sweet, sweet water! I put in what feels like 8L of water from a hose they let me use. Thank you Shawanaga Gas & variety!

K lets see how far we can get. (still White smoke) We get to Barrie and traffic!!! We're going Less the 20km/h and it heating fast. Looks like we're heading into Barrie. We go to a parking lot and she is hot. I go to a Wallyworld and buy four 4L jugs of distilled water. I Put in almost 2 jugs... and we go for lunch.

Driving around Barrie is brutal w/ traffic and the car is shaking i can feel it in the transmission and shifter. there no power and everytime we stop it wants to stall...it is bad. We are aboot to leave barrie when my wife goes on aboot the gas again..

We get into an argument..

She tells just go and buy new gas!...

FINE!! looks like we were burning more gas anyway. We're down to a 1/4 tank and we are only halfway home.

While i fill up, she tells me that she goes on to local forums. She read a post about Bad Gas in Sudbury! supposedly there are many, many complaints aboot watered down gas.. WTF i have never heard of this before. That's crazy! why would they do that?? even after reading this to me i dont believe her!

That is until I start up the car again!! After a few mins she starts driving like a dream.. and no more white smoke.. and we have full POWER!!
    I apologize to my wife ..She was right. But I am still pissed! How does this happen?? I never heard of bad Gas. How much water was in my Tank?? How much water is int the gas station tanks? I spent $95 on water!!

We decide the rest of the way to avoid the 400 and the 401. They're prolly congested and will be difficult to pull over if we heat up again. Eventually we go home with only 1 stop at a Longos for a top off and to buy more water just incase.

The total trip took over 10 hours. Remember how i said bad thing happen in 3's.
    1) Bad Gas.
    2) Broken rad fan
    3) WE GOT COVID

Never going back to Sudbury. Turns out Covid is really bad there right now. all of us got it. my Father was first to get it and we all fell like dominos.

HAs anyone here experienced or heard of Bad Gas? What do i do?. I threw in some seafoam and I have filed a complaint with shell they sent an auto message thanking me for my comments
    Joel,

Club Supporter

wow - Id be worried about your dad - Run into bad gas mainly diesel in the past - It's likely the ground tanks are rotted and taking on water or they just put water it the tanks - I've heard of fumes in the ground coming up into houses through the plumbing when the ground tanks leak and leach all over the local area - don't flick a butt in the toilet and it sounds like your head gaskets are ok.

seafoam won't hurt - bailed me once
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Dad's fine, he got 4 shots. Last one was a month ago.

Wife and I were hit hard with 3 shots. Just got our taste and smell back a few days ago

That kinda make more sense. Bad infrastructure.. I saw alot of run down buildings in Sudbury
    Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
    Joel,

If it was water in the fuel the car usually just quits.
    Sounds more like you had a gas- diesel mix
    Seen vehicles with low concentration diesel mix...they run rough, smoke & have some spark knock
    A lot of times it will also damage the cats & the o2's will be lazy from contamination

Oh man, that sounds like a nightmare scenario.
    Oh and Fvvvk SUDBURY.
    That name itself gives me shivers. I had an absolutely awful experience there, ended up having to take the bus, almost got robbed TWICE.
    Never going back there again (what I said 14 years ago) Never been back since.

I'm glad you got the gas all sorted out but where did all your coolant go? You said you added a considerable amount of water throughout the ordeal.

Not bad gas, follow the missing coolant, it's your smoking gun.

So it’s not a post about farting? lol

So yeah, as questioned above, where did your coolant go?
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

^^^lol^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk