Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  7

Thread: MAP sensor on S550

Exclamation MAP sensor on S550

Hello, ANYONE had issues with too much turbulent air flow in intake tube after replacing OEM grill with aftermarket higher air flow grill . ??? MAP reading air flow and creating surge on accel .????

No personal experience but did see peeps talking about it when I was considering any potential intake / CAI mods.

supposidley quite the issue , car surges on accel , have been told to block intake tube and I am slowly blocking it bit by bit , just wanted to see if another s550 owner had this experience ...didnt show up on the dyno so it almst makes sense ..

Makes perfect sense it would be an issue. Other cars with a CAI that ends up closer to the rad experience all kinds of issues when the fan kicks on (fan wash).

Nick I installed a Velossa big mouth air intake snorkel on mine. Modified the OEM grille for air flow. The snorkel makes it unlikely for fan wash to enter the CAI since it fits tightly into OEM intake tube.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Hi Scott , yes I have seen those , and thanks for the reply , IF you have the stock air box and filter and a stock tune , I can see it working , As I have no issue getting air into the intake tube (you saw my ride / grille ) the problem is TOO MUCH air as I have the K&N filter and a tune plus SC so thats where it gets tricky ,TURBULENT AIR passes MAP sensor and the shit hits the fan , I have been advised to block the intake as the motor will only use the air it requires and it MUST pass through the MAP sensor smoothly ..

I just wanted to see if anyone on this forum had come across the same issues , I am currently adding baffles to my air box to limit the flow

Only thing you need to restrict, air at speed hitting the front of your air intake. Air blasting through the grill is the same as fan wash.

Yes sir , working on that now

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk