Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  167
Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: is the carbon tax working?

is the carbon tax working?

I was led to believe that the carbon tax would force people to limit usage.

"Rules for thee but not for me"

"Naturally, Trudeau’s high rate of jet travel comes at a substantial price in carbon emissions. Jet fuel is one of the dirtier fossil fuels, emitting 2.5 kg of carbon dioxide for every litre burned (the emissions are heavier than the original fuel because carbon dioxide is composed heavily of oxygen burned in the combustion process).

Trudeau’s July jet travel emitted roughly 85.8 tonnes of greenhouse gases into the earth’s atmosphere.

For context, the household emissions (including gasoline and fuel oil purchases) for an average Canadian is about 4.1 tonnes per year, according to Statistics Canada . Thus, for the month of July, about every 36 hours Trudeau was burning enough jet fuel to equal the entire yearly carbon emissions for an average Canadian"

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...GiWti9jzHwxyeM

Off my meds again
    It would be a shame if his pilot decided to end it all, and nose dive the jet into the sea with Twatwaffle on the plane.

water vapor is a greenhouse gas and much more prevalent than CO2. Stay thirsty

He needs to be voted out. But I don’t condone violence. They just use that kind of talk to lump normal conservative with violent extremists and it hurts the cause.

Canada and the west in general have decommissioned coal fired powerplants well ahead of end of useful life.

China is building coal fired powerplants at an unprecedented level.

Canada sells coal to China

What difference does it make where the coal is burned WRT "climate change".

Does China have more stringent environmental standards than Canada WRT burning coal?

If you wanted to transition to alternative electricity generation are you better to have cheap plentiful energy or expensive unreliable energy?

Is the TAX working? Yes, the government is pulling in tons of money
    The question is Do Canadian's benefit from this TAX?
    From what I can see only One- Justin!

exactly. It's a raging success from the money extraction perspective. My personal carbon consumption has declined out of necessity. I'm not sure I'm representative. I still see lots of endless idling, wasteful A/C practices etc.

I'd say the biggest success is having the inmates guild their own prison through blind repetition of the climate change alarmism.

I work in public transit. If the temperature is over 29C or under -8C the 3 min idling rule gets thrown out the window and the bus stays running, blasting emissions into the air 24/7. Some layovers where I’m just sitting there waiting for my to leave are up to 20 mins.

Carbon Tax is a crock of shit.

CO2 isn't an issue, pollution is however.

Watch a few of Tony Heller's videos and you'll get a sense of the Global Warming/Climate Change debate.

https://youtu.be/zhQCzoG-dPU