Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bicycle racks (removable) for sedans?

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    I'd be afraid I'd be one of those who forgets the bikes on top of the car and drive into something.
    If you have a trailer hitch already. We had pretty good luck with this style. Holds the wheels and the frame so the bikes would not flop around and scratch up the bumper.

Not this brand but this style of mount. I think ours was a Thule.

https://radpowerbikes.ca/products/ho...ike-hitch-rack

I had one like this https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/c...p.html?loc=plp years ago and it worked ok for my limited use. I never had any issues with it. My wife got me a Thule hitch mounted one for my birthday a few years ago and it's so much better and easier. I'll never to back to anything but a hitch mounted one. Honestly well worth the cost of having a hitch mounted if you don't have one.

I use a seasucker style as mentioned above

Always the risk of driving into something of course, but has worked well for me

I have a strap based one for the trunk, but always concerned about chipping the paint with the clips sitting in between the trunk and rear quarters. Seasucker is very small, compact, easy to travel with, keep in the trunk at all times, works on multiple cars.

Club Supporter
    Thanks everyone - will go with trunk mounted most likely for now so will look for a deal on a rack before next summer (at least for the cars we have currently).