Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which truck for towing

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    My current 1500 Hemi Ram 8 spd, by far best truck I've ever owned.
    I’m currently leaning towards the Ram Hemi or Ford 3.5 Ecoboost.

Just hard to take the emotion out of it. Grew up with the big 25/3500 diesels and have loved them ever since. Definitely not as practical when you’re the one paying the bills to maintain them though haha.

^ Owned a small fleet of tow trucks and drove a diesel dually as my daily, know exactly what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by 1quikgt View Post
    I’m currently leaning towards the Ram Hemi or Ford 3.5 Ecoboost.

Just hard to take the emotion out of it. Grew up with the big 25/3500 diesels and have loved them ever since. Definitely not as practical when you’re the one paying the bills to maintain them though haha.
    Just go in to the purchase with eyes wide open. If you're comfortable with having a bigger repair budget at the ready and know that you're paying a premium for what you want, own the fact that it's a decision born out of want and not need and get what you want. If you get anything 07.5 or newer absolutely get something like an Edge monitor to keep an eye on exhaust temp, soot levels and other indicators that your emissions system is functioning properly.

6.7 Cummins are the "easiest" to do work on of modern trucks (cab doesn't have to come off for things that it does on GM and Ford), followed by the Duramax's, then the Fords. My recommendations for more modern diesels would be 2009-2012 6.7 Cummins or a 07.5 to 2010 LMM Duramax. The LML 11-16 Duramaxs are my next choice but they have DEF so that's an added complications. Personally wouldn't touch a Ford that wasn't one of the Alumiduties, they really seemed to figure it out with those trucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I love my 2016 ram sport 1500,l.looking to mabye upgrade to a new truck next year,probably be another ram 1500 hey Laffs where do you work at?

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Just go in to the purchase with eyes wide open. If you're comfortable with having a bigger repair budget at the ready and know that you're paying a premium for what you want, own the fact that it's a decision born out of want and not need and get what you want. If you get anything 07.5 or newer absolutely get something like an Edge monitor to keep an eye on exhaust temp, soot levels and other indicators that your emissions system is functioning properly.

6.7 Cummins are the "easiest" to do work on of modern trucks (cab doesn't have to come off for things that it does on GM and Ford), followed by the Duramax's, then the Fords. My recommendations for more modern diesels would be 2009-2012 6.7 Cummins or a 07.5 to 2010 LMM Duramax. The LML 11-16 Duramaxs are my next choice but they have DEF so that's an added complications. Personally wouldn't touch a Ford that wasn't one of the Alumiduties, they really seemed to figure it out with those trucks.
    Think I’m going to go with my brain on this one. As much as I want the big ones the price of entry for a gasser or diesel is just insanity for anything with lower km’s. Looking at Ram 1500’s or F150 Eco’s.