Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Rack bolts for Maximum K

Rack bolts for Maximum K

I'm putting a SN95 (ZK) rack into my Fox equipped with a MM K.

The stock rack bolts are pretty long and have a hex on the end . I'm assuming there's no issue using shorter, regular hardware, without the hex. I'm leaning towards shorter aftermarket hardware, any issue with this?

I'm also using MM adjustable rack bushings. The instructions call for the bolt oriented with head on the rack bushing, nut on the K. I can see this will make rack removal damn near impossible without lifting the engine off the mounts (Moroso pan).

It's been a while since I've wrenched a rack with motor in place. Is there any issue reversing the bolt so head is on the K, nut on the rack bushing?

Drivers side bolt won't go in from the back side on an MM K member.
    We cut the bolts.
    To remove, pull both bolts, rack will slide straight down n out clearing most pans.

fucking MM male steering shaft spud into column female. Bigger isn't always better. I'm taking a break from opening up the column female with a file. I'm loath to grind down the oh so pretty hardened spud.

Every 5 minute job is taking me 2 hours. Check's Waze, clear traffic to liquor store.

^ Welcome to my every day world.

a couple weeks back i spent a 1/2 day looking for a can of interior dye I knew I had purchased 10+ years prior. I ended up organizing spray cans, oil cans and all manner of secret sauces. Part of that was a can of blue layout paint, that I found in 5 seconds today.

I sprayed the spud and found the high spots that then became the target of my dremel and chainsaw sharpening stone. Three repaints later and it's now smooth as silk. I know the shaft will be in and out several times as I fit the engine so I'll call it time well spent, grudgingly.

Now I need a new chainsaw stone, or it's back to hand filing.