Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  37
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice In The Gradual Un-Fucking Of My Car

What do you have for springs and shocks all the way around?

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    What do you have for springs and shocks all the way around?
    H&R SS with Koni double adjustables

As ZR said, MM HD lowers, stock uppers, and a set of rear coil overs. And then once you have coil overs in the back, might as well do the fronts.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    H&R SS with Koni double adjustables
    What are your shock settings on both compression and rebound?

What are your shock settings on both compression and rebound?
    Rebound I think 6 clicks ccw from full soft, compression is 8 clicks cw from full soft. I think. Havent fucked with it in like 6 years.

Rebound I think 6 clicks ccw from full soft, compression is 8 clicks cw from full soft. I think. Havent fucked with it in like 6 years.
    I would try messing with those settings. The rebound isnt clicks so you havn't messed with it in awhile lol. For rebound, I am one full turn from the softest. For compression, you should try just being 1 click from the bottom front and back. (full soft is counter clockwise).
    I bet you pick up a ton of ride messing with those settings. It sounds like you are unhappy with the rear, so maybe just adjust the rear compression first to 1 from the bottom. 8clicks from bottom is 3/4 hard.... which would be rough for sure.

Edit: this obviously won't fix the clunking & vibrations, but will for sure help with ride harshness.

I would try messing with those settings. The rebound isnt clicks so you havn't messed with it in awhile lol. For rebound, I am one full turn from the softest. For compression, you should try just being 1 click from the bottom front and back. (full soft is counter clockwise).
    I bet you pick up a ton of ride messing with those settings. It sounds like you are unhappy with the rear, so maybe just adjust the rear compression first to 1 from the bottom. 8clicks from bottom is 3/4 hard.... which would be rough for sure.

Edit: this obviously won't fix the clunking & vibrations, but will for sure help with ride harshness.
    Fair play, will def try that. But honestly Im likely still wanting to swap these control arms. Honestly when the car had J&M poly non adjustable lowers and stock uppers it was sooooo much better to drive but was told I needed all the adjustability to compensate for my ride height. Thus begin the decline and start of clunks and chassis vibrations.

Fair play, will def try that. But honestly Im likely still wanting to swap these control arms. Honestly when the car had J&M poly non adjustable lowers and stock uppers it was sooooo much better to drive but was told I needed all the adjustability to compensate for my ride height. Thus begin the decline and start of clunks and chassis vibrations.
    I can’t say on the pinion angle, but I didn’t think your car was too low for non-adj uppers….was it the same guy that told you to run heim joints, lol. If you have stockers toss them in and go for a ride.

There's a kinda local guy making subframe connectors with integrated torque box re-enforcemetns. Looks good, good reviews. Guy looks capable. I'd bet he knocks out torque arms and pan hards if asked.

Quebec near Ottawa I think. I did a quick search but missed. Someone here probably has his info.

I empathize with you my friend.
    My car has ZERO body roll, feels like my old s2000 but its almost unbearable sometimes to drive.
    Its not the front as much but the rear feels like an absolute unit which does not move. I'm thinking its because of the torque arm.