Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  37
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Advice In The Gradual Un-Fucking Of My Car

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Bilstein coilovers but they're super old. Not leaking ...I swear these things have absolutely solidifed in the rear.
    No sway bar in the rear lol.
    Quad shocks were deleted, Torque arm, the coil overs and panhard bar.
    This is why I want to bring it by one of these days, to figure out wtf is going on
    What rear spring rate do you have? You may have maxed out the bilstiens with too stiff of a spring. I have koni d/a now but before had c/o with bilstiens, didnt like the ride because MM recommended to stiff of a spring. Could try your bilstiens still but with MM torque arm springs in the stock location.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Its essentially all metal on metal back there. Really do want to get that suspension sorted so I can drive around without my teeth chattering lol
    In all honestly I would just buy a new pair, it really can’t be anything but the coilover combo, and if it’s old I’m sure they’re due to be replaced. You could also just get the proper spring and have have the dampers rebuilt if they’re still in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    In all honestly I would just buy a new pair, it really can’t be anything but the coilover combo, and if it’s old I’m sure they’re due to be replaced. You could also just get the proper spring and have have the dampers rebuilt if they’re still in good shape.
    Do they sell just the rear's?

Do they sell just the rear's?
    I thought you could buy separates from Bilstein but I’m honestly not sure. Aftermarket will generally only sell a complete kit, but I’d send an email and see if they can sell the pair, or maybe rebuild yours.