Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13

Thread: 2018 GT Active Exhaust- what's it worth?

2018 GT Active Exhaust- what's it worth?

From my 2018 GT I’d like to sell the original Ford Active Valve Performance Exhaust System with the production mufflers and resonator that came as one piece instead of separate sides. Part number is JR3Z5230D.

The reason is that last Oct I had a new one put on by the insurance company because someone slid into the back of my car damaging the bumper cover and valence and slightly bent one of the tips and one of the hangers because the little Honda nosedived into it.

My appraiser said that since the car was in excellent shape with only 14,000km on it, the parts should all be replaced with new and as a result I got a new original style exhaust. I kept the old one since it just needed some very minor recurving on one of the hangers by the muffler and needs a small reshaping in one of the driver’s side quad exhaust tips. It worked fine while it was on the car. The tip is not scratched just a bit oval shaped at the opening

Price listed on the quote for part was just over $3,000 but body shop said it actually ended up costing more. I'll take a couple of pictures on Saturday and post. It is in excellent shape, never seen winter.

Anyway, it may of use to someone with a 2018 and up who damaged their exhaust on something.

It looks like this one I found on the web.

Anyone have any thoughts on what it might be worth?

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Actually could a mod delete that picture, it is not correct. I guessed at what it looked at and then decided to go look after I posted it.

Just checked mine and it is different, more parts on it.
    More robust looking.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Finally managed to get a couple of pictures of the exhaust.
    You can see the small dent in one of the tips. Should not be hard to fix.

I'm guessing at somewhere under $1,000. Anybody else have an idea of their value?

Exhaust 1.jpg

Exhaust 2.jpg

I know this is not an answer to your Q but I'd fix the dent, which I assume would make sale easier and more lucrative.

I agree with fixing the dent. Will take a look at doing that.

I’ve seen them for sale before for $300-500, not sure if they ever sold but I’ve seen them. Factory exhaust system are typically worth very little compared to new pricing since they’re often the first mod, and too big/awkward to store, so most get tossed out.

Seeing exactly the same thing, yes even active exhaust systems.