Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  38
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zaino me

Long time user of Zaino, 20+ years. Love their products and continue to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Long time user of Zaino, 20+ years. Love their products and continue to use them.
    Same with me. So easy to use and great results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    I haven’t, they have good marketing and product placement, but I really don’t think they’re in the same league as Zaino. This is what I’ve been using for years, used it on the old blue Bullitt.
    Will have to hit some car shows,next year,make some new memories

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Esliger View Post
    Will have to hit some car shows,next year,make some new memories
    I don’t do many shows, only hit 1 last year and a couple drift days in Leamington at the old go-kart track.

Hey, guys. I'm hearing you guys talking about waxing, and I'm wondering because I thought that if you CC , you didn't have to wax.
    I just got a black '22 GT, and I immediately had it CC'd, and the front-end PPF'd underneath the CC. It was expensive, but I want it to look good forever, or for the next 5 yrs at least, which is how long the detailer told me it would last.
    Anyway, isn't CC a waste if you're just going to cover it with something else? I know that there are products that are supposed to be used on CC, but I'm wondering if it's not overkill.
    Let me know what you know about CC, and PPF.

CC can least for 5 years if you don’t winter drive the car. The salt erodes the CC. Waxing wouldn’t do anything better that the CC already did. For a car to maintain a nice finish would have to be polished before the CC.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

What is important to make ceramic coating last is to apply a topper coating which is similar to a quick detailer spray but usually made to be sprayed annually by the manufacturer of the ceramic coating. Different brand may work too but use at your own risk. I would check with your detailer first before buying any other brand of topper. The topper is to help prolong the life of the ceramic coating. As for PPF they make a ceramic coating for this as well which helps prolong the life of the PPF. FYI, PPF cannot be applied on top of ceramic coating as it will NOT stick properly. Ceramic coating is very hydrophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Hey, guys. I'm hearing you guys talking about waxing, and I'm wondering because I thought that if you CC , you didn't have to wax.
    I just got a black '22 GT, and I immediately had it CC'd, and the front-end PPF'd underneath the CC. It was expensive, but I want it to look good forever, or for the next 5 yrs at least, which is how long the detailer told me it would last.
    Anyway, isn't CC a waste if you're just going to cover it with something else? I know that there are products that are supposed to be used on CC, but I'm wondering if it's not overkill.

If you are speaking about Ponyrd's comment. He was talking about Clear coat, not Ceramic coat.

I don’t quite believe in CC yet as I’m more of an old-school kinda guy, I’m also cheap and don’t mind putting some time and elbow grease into my ride, plus getting the satisfaction of doing it myself, and watching the transformation.
    CC seems to be the thing to do to a new car, but my old finish woulda required a ton of work to start, and it’s just a driver anyway, not a show piece. As for PPF, to me it’s a waste of money unless you’re constantly on the highway, I also hate seeing the seam where it was applied, really takes away from the finish IMO.

I was happy with my results, not bad for 30-year old paint.

87112848-7580-4C52-83CB-08DBE5A16142.jpeg