Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  12

Thread: engine drop in with or without shorties?

engine drop in with or without shorties?

I've gotten mixed advice on this one.

What's easier, dropping engine in with shorties installed, or installing shorties once engine is dropped in (Fox)?

I'm doing a bit of test fitting, wiring etc and the 302 will be in and out a few times. For now it's engine only, but final drop in will probably be engine, tranny bolted together (T5).

I'm leaning towards putting the shorties on while on the is on the stand, but an experienced Fox friend of mine said drop the engine in first, then the headers. I know long tubes are another story.

I'm looking for easiest and can put engine/tranny in separately, header on or off.

Opinions?

I'd say with headers installed, easier to get all of the header bolts tightened up correctly. And BTW years ago we dropped the engine in to my old Fox with MAC 1-3/4" long tubes already bolted on! LOL
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Headers are easy to do in car, really it depends on your skill level and how much help you’ll have setting it in, it’s not hard to do with them on, and actually on the line they did engine/trans/headers/h-pipe install all together. If it’s gonna be in and out a few times then do headers later, gives better access.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Headers are easy to do in car, really it depends on your skill level and how much help you’ll have setting it in, it’s not hard to do with them on, and actually on the line they did engine/trans/headers/h-pipe install all together. If it’s gonna be in and out a few times then do headers later, gives better access.
    If I put em on I'll wait until the final time it goes in. Considering I'll have it in and out I'll probably put em on hand tight and see what I prefer. Fenders are off and it's on stands so I guess it'll be whatever is least likely to tweak my back. I was on my rolling stool wrestling something and poof, another week gone from back pain. Hasn't happened lately since I've started some yoga stretches.

Yoga, lol. I always thought I should do the same, but could never bring myself to do it…might be a different story in a Yoga class with some women I suppose….

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Yoga, lol. I always thought I should do the same, but could never bring myself to do it…might be a different story in a Yoga class with some women I suppose….
    It's just 3 minutes of two specific stretches. I know yoga is good, but I just can't get into it beyond my back relievers. Pass the tofu please.