Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  103
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk's twitter take over

Club Supporter
    The political aspect has nothing to do with the collapse and it just feeds the conspiracy people. Corporations are "people" who give money to political parties (some to one party and some to more to hedge bets-in this case it was to both parties). This crash was likely hubris in an unregulated industry (although this can happen in regulated or "lightly" regulated ones as well as 2008 was an example with banks and mortgage syndication) and maybe criminal activity (ie. embezzlement if he has hidden money in offshore accounts) although yet to be determined. Will be interesting to say if Elon can overcome some of his own hubris with Twitter and avoid further meltdown of Tesla (which he's cause over the last several months) and avoid contagion spreading to Space X (due to his DoD and CCP contracts and ties).

https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2022...t-in-congress/

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    The political aspect has nothing to do with the collapse and it just feeds the conspiracy people. Corporations are "people" who give money to political parties (some to one party and some to more to hedge bets-in this case it was to both parties). This crash was likely hubris in an unregulated industry (although this can happen in regulated or "lightly" regulated ones as well as 2008 was an example with banks and mortgage syndication) and maybe criminal activity (ie. embezzlement if he has hidden money in offshore accounts) although yet to be determined. Will be interesting to say if Elon can overcome some of his own hubris with Twitter and avoid further meltdown of Tesla (which he's cause over the last several months) and avoid contagion spreading to Space X (due to his DoD and CCP contracts and ties).

https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2022...t-in-congress/
    I don't see the political aspect as being responsible for the crash. The Democrat's were undoubtedly beneficiaries of FTX chicanery however. I would imagine the Dem's would prefer the FTX scheme to continue as a revenue source and had little interest in causing it's collapse.

Club Supporter
    I can't comment on conspiracy theories - only commenting on the FTX donations to both political parties which are public record.

I can't comment on conspiracy theories - only commenting on the FTX donations to both political parties which are public record.
    what's you definition of conspiracy theories?

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    what's you definition of conspiracy theories?
    Everything he disagrees with. Lol.

seems to be quite a bit of variation in donation amounts depending on source.

do you have one that isn't wildly skewed Democrat?

Club Supporter
    Coindesk is wildly skewed Democrat? I know it's not Reddit or random Youtuber but......

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    Do you think these right wing Twitter bots do this on purpose to mislead people? I wonder if they paid $8 for the blue check mark...lol.

Why would they not also show the other speakers like Bibi and Mike Pence at this Dealbook event. I'm surprised they didn't throw Soros and Klaus in there for good measure. This type of selective compilation (they copy/pasted/photoshopped to get that specific image) is designed to feed the conspiracies....otherwise there would be no need to photoshop/copy/paste and exclude other participants.