Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  103
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk's twitter take over

I’m not on twitter so I don’t really care what goes on there.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Like I said, Arabs (and their eastern allies) and their penchant for democracy and free speech, and with controlling stakes.....will be fun to watch. It's been a free ride so far for Twitter users so will be interesting to see how they (major shareholders) monetize this to get their money back. Truth Social and it's like competitors are failing financially so curious to see how this converts "real" users to cashflow (and without driving Tesla down even more).
    They have the same stake now that they did before. Nothing changes with how many shares they own.

But keep pushing the Musk bad narrative.

I thought I heard that Elon was thinking of taking Twitter private

Club Supporter
    Already did with the transaction so no more regulatory oversight as a publicly traded company (that's why the board was dissolved and a new one will be set up). He did not finance it all himself so in the change of ownership and public owners going away it's just him and Saudis as #1 and #2 shareholders with controlling stakes, and then a few private equity investors with smaller stakes, and lenders.

It's all speculation. Elon has publicly stated he's a free speech advocate. Doesn't mean he's not full of shit, but his actions seem to reinforce it.

If Twitter moves the needle on election integrity that on it's own will change the landscape.

Scott Adams made a good observation. Twitter is the platform that steers all other platforms. Additionally it's not very important with the public, but it is very important with journalists. This is where narratives are built and hopefully now can be challenged.

Club Supporter
    He will draw lines so will be interesting where those lines are and whether that will attract the advertisers to help make this thing profitable (in addition to user fee-based services). For a "free speech" advocate he tends to block Twitter users who speak out or criticize him in the past so actions vs words will be interesting as this evolves.

Should have spent the 44B on a hotel on the Moon or Mars. He would have made most of it back on future resevations

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    Should have spent the 44B on a hotel on the Moon or Mars. He would have made most of it back on future resevations
    I find this especially funny given your username.

Love the fact that the Biden tweets are now getting fact checked.
    Why was Trump ALWAYS fact checked left right and center yet nothing for Biden? The way they're parading around Obama - you would think he's running for presidency lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Love the fact that the Biden tweets are now getting fact checked.
    Why was Trump ALWAYS fact checked left right and center yet nothing for Biden? The way they're parading around Obama - you would think he's running for presidency lol
    Wait are you saying Biden DIDNT talk to Fredric Banting?!?? WHAT?!?!