Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Clutch Q for Windsor 302/T5

Clutch Q for Windsor 302/T5

I’m swapping a motor (302 pushrod) that formerly had a 26 spline T56 mated and a Centerforce clutch. I’m reverting to a T5 ten spline tranny.

I no longer have any clutch model # info but the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate were bought as a kit and worked well for the 2500 KM’s I put on it before tearing apart again (for other reasons). Pressure plate says “Valeo” but no model #s

I’m re-using the motor but need a 10 spline clutch disk. Going to the Centerforce site I see 101 flavours of clutches and being somewhat uneducated don’t know which to select beyond 10.4” ten spline.

.The engine didn’t make it to Dyno prior to pulling. It’s stock block, fresh internals, Edelbrock E streets, extrude honed Cobra intake and if I recall about 10 lbs boost. I’m thinking 3-400 HP potential.

Any suggestions on which clutch disk would be suitable for a mostly street, track capable 3000lb Fox?
    Attached Images Attached Images

If the clutch is new / zero miles, I'd call Centerforce n ask for the equivalent Dual Friction disc to what you have now. If it has any miles on it, would sell off and replace as a unit on a fresh mach flywheel.

the clutch has 2500 kms on it, not quite new, but pretty damn close. As usual I cried for help prior to doing any serious digging. It looks like the 10 spline equivalent to what I have is the Centerforce LM381021

May see if you can Swap 10 spline output shaft to a 26 spline on the T5. It isn’t hard to do, if such a part exists.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    May see if you can Swap 10 spline output shaft to a 26 spline on the T5. It isn’t hard to do, if such a part exists.
    I did a quick search on that and didn't find anything. It does sound like it should be available. Of course this right after I finally got a correct set of shims for the bearing retainer...

Gforce transmission seem to have one. Read a couple of magazine ads about them.

https://www.gforcetransmissions.com/t5_popup_gears.asp

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Gforce transmission seem to have one. Read a couple of magazine ads about them.

https://www.gforcetransmissions.com/t5_popup_gears.asp
    G force website is dogshit, email q's bounce. I called and you need to do the entire 1st through 4th G force rebuild kit to be able to make use of the 26 spline input.

Setting aside the website grumbles, G force looks to be stout.

I'm back to 10 spline clutch.

Thanks for the link OldSchool.

Sorry man. I wasn’t sure, it would have been a quick turnaround if it was just the input shaft. Nothing is ever easy lol

my friend dug into his parts and donated this used pressure plate and clutch disk. He suggested getting it refurbed is the way to go with the cost of refurb about equal to what I’ll be able to sell the Centerforce for. The disk is sintered, with no springs so a little touchier, but he said it’ll have a nice feel.