Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School me on injectors

School me on injectors

so my search for injectors has revealed a gap in my knowledge.

I thought I needed some old school 42's for my Windsor 302, blower build but have gotten offers with newer Siemens injectors and a few other options.

I'll confess my ignorance.

Can anyone suggest a credible YT channel or some other resource to educate myself. This will have an added bonus of keeping me out of trouble in other arenas.

All depends on your specific application and tuning method.

A fuel system consist of multiple parts…not just injectors.

I still sell a lot of 42s for LS and SBF applications but the increased trend I’ve noticed is 80lbs and 1000cc injectors because of the power many cars are making now and tuning capabilities with them.

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    All depends on your specific application and tuning method.

A fuel system consist of multiple parts…not just injectors.

I still sell a lot of 42s for LS and SBF applications but the increased trend I’ve noticed is 80lbs and 1000cc injectors because of the power many cars are making now and tuning capabilities with them.
    yes I'll need to talk to my engine builder on estimated HP and work backwards from there. This particular application will be mildly boosted, non intercooled, EEC-IV with SCT chip. Not a fancy build, low compression, modest Edelbrock aluminum heads and a blower grind cam. Extrude honed Cobra intake, shorties. I'm thinking somewhere north of 300HP but south of 400.

I'm seeing high impedance injectors are the new hotness but don't know (yet) if they're appropriate for my application. I think low impedance 42's will be fat on the low end, but more education required.

It can get confusing and it’s always better to buy once vs multiple times but plans often also change with modding.
    Performance mods can be both fun and stressful at the same time if that makes sense.

I’ve sent you my number so feel free to call or text me to discuss this further.

You'd be best building your setup based off of what your tuner will be wanting to use.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

As zippy stated talk to your tuner not engine builder and I would think 60 lbs injectors would work fine for your set up.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

good advice. I'll be seeing my engine builder on Saturday and should have a fairly accurate idea of HP potential. He uses a tuner out Brantford way if I recall. I'll check with the tuner and go from there.

Can anyone answer whether EEC-IV with an SCT chip can take advantage of high impedance injectors?

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    modest Edelbrock aluminum heads .
    Need plugs?
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Need plugs?
    two sets actually

Depending on your needs, OE 39lb Cobra injectors are very versatile + straight forward to tune. Some of what are said to be the hot options out there are anything but.