Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car covers…

Car covers…

Greetings TMC,

I’m looking for a fitted cover for Ol Paint and would like your thoughts on what is out there and what you use to cover your Mustang.

Thanks
    Stephen

Club Supporter
    I have an older generic cover from CT that will need replacing eventually as well as was going to look into the covers from Hugger Covers on Healy Road. They partner with Caledon Cruisers in the summer so I've seen some of their covers there.

https://huggercovers.com/

Black Friday sale still on at Bed, Bath and Beyond if you are looking for nice colourful pattern on a fitted bed sheet.
    Can't go wrong, some guys on here use them.
    Magic Marker at Walmart to draw an official looking Shelby logo.
    Good to go

If you put a camaro cover on it... it won't get stolen!!!

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

I have 2 car covers. One is a lightweight generic cotton that I’ve had for ever. Perfect for indoor dry storage.

I recently bought a fitted one for the 69 from here:

www.carcovers.com

Prices seem good and they have a variety depending on the intended use. Delivery to Canada was free.

I use a fitted customised cover for my Mustang. Pockets for the mirrors and aerial. Fits snug with grommets at the bottom for securing.
    Mine is for indoor storage and has a Mustang stamp at the front of the cover.
    Canada site: https://www.coveritcanada.ca/car-tru...vehicle-covers
    U.S. version of the cover I purchased for comparison with Cdn website.
    https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...OLORID=AC|CCAC
    This is the type I purchased and it was about 200 Cdn plus tax when I ordered it in 2013.
    They are high quality and using it indoors it should last me forever. Came with a storage bag to keep it clean and compact when not on the car.

I actually just bought a new cover a couple weeks ago from Canadian tire https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/s...p.html?loc=plp. My first car cover was a Simoniz and I had it for about 20 years, used it on multiple cars, all stored outdoors from Nov-April, still worked well and didn’t damage any paint, but it smelled a bit musty and had black stains from tire shine on it, so I tossed it, lol. I trust Simoniz so that’s what I went with again, bought the 4-layer platinum cover and it seems to be very good quality. I looked around a bit first and saw a bunch of different options, I don’t like covers that are “waterproof” because if they develop a tear the car will get wet and won’t be able to dry out, and there were very mixed reviews on a lot of them, so I stuck with the time-tested CTC cover.

I have two car covers, both with Mustang Emblems on them made by Covercraft and think they are great.
    Around $250 - $300US each

Likely on sale now.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Got lucky n found an OE Ford cover for mine (off Faceplant Marketplace). Fits extremely well n looks good. Ross posted a pic of it sitting on the trailer.

Found mine on Kijiji a few years back. Has pockets for mirrors and antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk